Wednesday, September 16, 2020

(1632) MUSIC AND ME (Sept. 20, 2018) NUTRITIOUS FOOD AT PRR (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)


NUTRITIOUS FOOD AT
PALAU ROYAL RESORT
(Breakfast,
Lunch,
Dinner)

Very few times that fruits, especially cantaloupe, are served during breakfast. That day on Sept. 26, 2017, there are lots of sliced cantaloupe. I just get 2 slices of it, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 sweet sausage (skinless longganisa), a cup of fried tofu with cucumber and onions with vinegar and 2 slices of lemon (calamansi) that goes to my herbal tea (pito-pito--seven herbs). After finishing the 2 slices of cantaloupe, I go back to get 2 more, and 2 more...







A day after my 61st birthday (Jan. 02, 2017) at Palau Royal Resort Cafeteria, I have a long conversation with PRR DOB Ma'am Michelle Liao, which is the longest talk we had in years.

Mostly our conversation is about my age, how many years I am older than my wife (6 years and 9 months), a little about music and chess and when she noticed that I am not eating the egg yolk of the hard boiled egg, she said, "You're not eating the egg yolk?"

I said, "Yes. Egg yolk has 60 calories while the "egg white" has only 15 calories. I eat the egg yolk if the style of cooking of the egg is scrambled. And you must eat only a maximum of 4 eggs a week."

I've got the list of "Calorie Counter" from my guitar/chess student Brandon Kyle Soriano.




In Oct. 25, 2017, breakfast food is like lunch food with 2 bananas, burger steak, sweet corn, leftover pastry with tuna inside from Waves Restaurant's breakfast buffet, fish soup (minestrone), cucumber, 3 calamansi and 2 slices of banana bread and as usual, herbal tea with drops of lemon. With this heavy breakfast, I usually take my lunch at 1 pm.


She said, "But your body needs the vitamin from the egg yolk."

One of the lady co-employees of mine at PRR noticed our long conversation and she said, "How interesting it is that you had that long conversation with Ma'am Michelle!"

More or less a year after our long conversation, I saw Ma'am Michelle brought a medium size ripe sour sop at the cafeteria and asked a cook there to slice it for her.
    And she was able to finished it all!
I have an opinion about this which my wife disagrees---
   Although sour sop is very good anti-cancer fruit, if you ate all of it in one sitting, you get that anti-cancer prevention for that day only. That's why whenever I buy a sour sop (mostly not ripe yet and it will take at least 3 days to ripe), I will slice it into 8 or 7 slices that is good for 1 week. In that case, I have the anti-cancer fruit for a week and not for only a day. It is like taking 7 multi vitamins in one day because you are lazy to take it daily. 


 During my first few years at Palau Royal Resort, I am not eating breakfast but take my lunch as early as 10:30 am (brunch) because I sleep late in the evening and skip breakfast to have longer sleep.

But it has changed when I come back from 2014 World Chess Olympiad in Tromso, Norway. Now I always take breakfast as the doctor ordered me not to skip the most important meal of the day, the breakfast.







       Many co-employees, including Daisy Maya, far right, noticed that me and Wilson Ledesma, who died while working in Maldives in early 2019, are wearing the same yellow t-shirt while eating at Cafeteria in exactly one year ago --March 13, 2018. I wearing that shirt when I took a vacation with my wife in 2011 when we evacuated from our house because of flooding. Me and my grandson Zach were televised when the ABS-CBN cameraman Mr. Mallari took a shot of us while transferring from the military truck that broke down in the middle of flooded street to their military truck where they are also evacuating and while doing so, he is taking shots of everything that's going on.










Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
               Tia Belau Newspaper
               December 29, 2002 -- March 13, 2019

               Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
               The Beginning of Chess in Palau
               By Roberto Hernandez
               Soon to be published as a book

               Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
               Tia Belau Newspaper
               March 15, 2012 -- April 18, 2013
               http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
               April 25, 2013 -- March 13, 2019

              The History of Chess in Palau
              By Roberto Hernandez
              June 09, 2002 -- March 13, 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment