Tuesday, September 15, 2020

(1567) PHOTOS -- 6th ROUND OF 1st Surangel Chess Team Tournament (Sept. 02, 2018)


PHOTOS --
6th ROUND OF 1st
Surangel Chess Team Tournament
(Sept. 02, 2018)




      
     It is very rare for top seed Cyril Tomas Montel, Jr., right, to open 1. e4 with the white pieces in his games against me. He did it for the first time in the 6th round of SCTT. I replied with 1. ...c5, Sicilian Defense and won a knight in the middle game. I should have captured the 2nd knight after that to simplify the game. Cyril still carry on while I have a lot of distractions esp. from Baby Edna Mission. When I am looking at the laptop to see what color is Bobot Tan and Leif Toribiong in the 8th round game, she is still talking to me about a lot of things. I said to her, "I have a game going on, I am working on the color of this 8th round match. My youth teammate and music/chess student is also distracting me with..."It's already 30 minutes and Aome Angeles is not around. I will claim a win. Can I borrow your cell phone to call my mom to pick me up?" When I lend him my CP, I have to tell him the code/key to operate it.

With lots of things going on my mind, I made a blunder with a drawn position of perpetual check on Cyril's king and move my queen instead to f2 and I was mated.





Lenge Gibbons, middle, claimed his 3rd win is as many games by default when his opponent didn't come while Jello Augaras, right, started the clock of Elizalde Madrinan, who didn't show up as his schedule is finished at 3:30 pm.




Paquito Suringa, Jr., top right, was late again in his 6th round match against Dennis Gonzales' Navy Blue team. He didn't write his moves and his opponent, Joel Gemota, complain about it that it's unfair that Pax is not writing his moves like in the previous 2 rounds. I just informed both players that because Pax is not writing his moves, he cannot claim a draw even if the position is even at the later part of their game.









Red Team Captain Bobot Tan, right, played his 8th round match with Purple Team Captain Leif Toribion in the late afternoon's 6th round of 1st Surangel Chess Team Tournament in Sept. 02, 2018 at the venue (Mason's Do-it-Center premises.






Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
               Tia Belau Newspaper
               December 29, 2002 -- September 05, 2018

               Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
               The Beginning of Chess in Palau
               By Roberto Hernandez
               Soon to be published as a book

               Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
               Tia Belau Newspaper
               March 15, 2012 -- April 18, 2013
               http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
               April 25, 2013 -- September 05, 2018

              The History of Chess in Palau 
              By Roberto Hernandez
              June 09, 2002 -- September 05, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment