Tuesday, September 15, 2020

(1554) MUSIC AND ME -323 (July 05, 2018) KOREAN WHO LIKES SPANISH SONG "ERES TU"


         I THOUGHT HE IS CHINESE/TAIWANESE
This Korean guy sits near the piano for 10 minutes listening to my playing of Chinese/Taiwanese songs.


    KOREAN WHO LIKES SPANISH 
              SONG "ERES TU"

IN June 20, 2018 (the birthday of my youngest brother Bernardo Hernandez, that I forgot to greet him on Facebook), there's a guy who sits on a chair near the piano. 

I thought he is Chinese/Taiwanese. After listening to me for about 10 minutes at 7:30 pm that night at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort, he asked me if I know the Spanish song "Eres Tu"?


I put one the lyrics of Eres Tu and I sang it. He is singing with me. He really knows the songs.

I remember when I was a teenage boy that my father Feliciano Hernandez asked me to pay a visit to the one-hectare farm that he is tilling. It is about 4 kilometers away from our house. 

I brought with me a transistor radio using 4 size C batteries and while walking, I'm listening to AM radio. After a few minutes of listening, then the song Eres Tu was played. It's my first time to hear that song in full.

Although I'm not sure of the lyrics, I tried to sing along with it. It's a very rare feelings that I get hooked on music because of that song. I don't even understand 95% of the song because it is Spanish.

Although Spanish is being taught in High School during my high school days at Hagonoy Institute, many thought that it's just a waste of time and effort to teach Spanish in Philippine schools. Although Philippines was colonized by Spaniards for a hundred years, it's not practical anymore. It's better to teach some other subject. A few years later, it's not being taught anymore.

When the internet connection in Palau became fiber optic in Dec. 07, 2017, there's a big boost in the internet speed and becomes cheaper also. Months later, PT Waves introduce a 2 days unlimited use for $3.00 which become very popular to many internet users that download and search the internet especially You Tube, which we can't access before because of slow internet connection. 

After coming back from participating in the 2018 World Chess Olympiad in Batumi, Georgia (Sept. 23-Oct. 07), the PT Waves $3.00 for 2 days became $3.00 still but 3 days unlimited internet use. I computed it as $1.00/day for $30.00/month just like in Philippines that for 1,500.00 pesos ($30.00) for a month, you can have unlimited use of strong internet connection.

I took advantage of this cheaper internet to search for the songs/music that I don't have the lyrics including Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Estonian and even Visayan songs like "Baleleng".

Lately, I've searched the song "Eres Tu" which I didn't know yet the year (1974) and correct lyrics and singers (Mocedades).

My list of about 4,000 songs will likely be complete with original singers, year, or if it's a theme from a movie/play/opera and lately, the songs status for the whole year of that song. In Eres Tu's case, it's the number 61 song of the year 1974. 





Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
               Tia Belau Newspaper
               December 29, 2002--August 08, 2018

               Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
               The Beginning of Chess in Palau
               By Roberto Hernandez
               Soon to be published as a book

               Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
               Tia Belau Newspaper
               March 15, 2012 --April 18, 2013
               http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
               April 25, 2013 -- August 08, 2018

               The History of Chess in Palau
               By Roberto Hernandez
               June 09, 2002 --August 08, 2018
            

No comments:

Post a Comment