Wednesday, September 16, 2020

(1611) MUSIC AND ME (Aug. 30, 2018) PASTOR FRANCIS JAVILLONAR--MULTI-TALENTED MUSICIAN





PASTOR FRANCIS JAVILLONAR --
  MULTI-TALENTED MUSICIAN




When I attended the Pacific Area Fellowship of Pentecostal Missionary Church of Christ in Saipan from Feb. 22-26, 2018, I met for the first time the couple Pastor Francis and Claire Javillonar.

I am the first one to arrive and the last one to leave. On my first day, Feb. 22, they fetched me at the airport and treated me to a lunch at Filipino restaurant where the workers are attending the Sunday services as well as the everyday morning devotion, Bible study on Wednesdays and Prayer Meeting on Fridays. 

On Feb. 23, we fetched Pastor Dora Ramos (Maui, Hawaii) and newly appointed Presbyter Gali Concepcion and we had photo session at the airport.







I noticed the many talents of Pastor Francis--from carpentry works, musical instruments (keyboard, bass guitar, rhythm and lead guitar) and leadership.

When I helped in the setting of stage for the Opening Ceremony of the Pacific Area Fellowship, I noticed his creativity in carpentry. He has a complete set of power and manual tools for modern and creative ideas that only few people had. Brother Rolly Adducul of PMCC Palau Locale is also very talented in carpentry and guitar. I have donated many power and manual tools for PMCC Palau.







Pastor Francis bought a very nice Yamaha keyboard in Guam for about a thousand dollars. There's somebody who used it and tried to move the keyboard with the stand and it fell on the ground. It caused a damage to the LCD screen and it is not working properly.

I noticed also that there is no sustain pedal of the keyboard. If I had known that, I should have brought my sustain pedal.

I taught his only son keyboard lesson for about an hour. On my last hours with the Javillonar family, I teach Pastor Francis the fastest way to learn all the chords of the piano with a formula taught to me by a professional pianist in the Philippines--from Major, minor, 7th, Major 7th, 6th, minor 6th, sustain, augmented, diminish, diminish 7th, 7th sustain, minor 7th etc.

While they are sending me to the Saipan airport for the trip back to Guam and Palau, I remembered that I didn't write down the formula for 9th chord. I just tell Pastor Francis that the octave is 2 steps higher for the thumb of the left hand to get the 9th chord.

I also taught him the complicated chords of Christian song Doxology. I think we in Palau are the only one using that chords for Doxology. I learned about it while attending the Seventh Day Adventist Saturday service in 2006. But what we are doing in Palau is more complicated but very pleasing to the ears. It's in key of D and I suggested to Pastor Francis to transpose it to key of C (2 steps lower) when practicing it and play it in key of D when he or other interested keyboard players are good enough to play it in key of D.

Pastor Francis is a very good student. He can absorb all those formula. I was flattered by his words--"I think it's God's will that you were able to come in this Pacific Area Fellowship so that we will learn a lot of things from you about music, esp. the keyboard/piano."

While we are doing caroling this December, Sister Loriz S. Navarro told me that the 2019 Pacific Area Fellowship will be held in Guam. I thought that this is the best chance for me to attend again this Fellowship if the date is after or the same as the date of 2019 Oceania Zonal Chess Championship to be held at Tumon, Guam in Feb. 14-24, 2019.

My wife Flor has said that I should not go there to save that airfare money for our vacation in Philippines in Oct. 2019. I might convince her if there will be 2 occasions for 1 trip.

I wrote a message to Bro. Ian Gajonera, who attended also the 2018 Pacific Area Fellowship where he is my roommate. I included in the message the program and schedule of the 2019 OZCC. Even the expenses of about $1,900.00 if I will be staying at Pacific Star Resort, the official hotel of the event. Also the expenses if we will be renting a summer house in Barrigada that includes van for 9 persons for $11.00 each person to bring us to the venue. That is one of the plan to save in accommodation.

Bro. Ian didn't answer my inquiry. It's Pastor Francis that explain to me that the date of the Fellowship is in the first Sunday of March. That day when I receive that info, I voted "No" to the poll of Eric Surangel Whipps to those who will go to the Guam OZCC. After voting, I am writing an explanation on why I will not able to make it but there is a message that I can't make a message anymore on that site. Eric has removed me seconds after I voted No.

Mohammad Manik Hossain told me at the last hour of the 2018 Palau National Chess Championship (Dec. 23, 2018) that "why only 6 of us going to Guam OZCC -- WFM Angelica Parrado, her 2 daughters Destiny and Angelil, Reece Reklai and Ksau Anthony Whipps." Manik got a 5-year USA visa because he's been to Palau for 13 years and he is the sole representative of Palau in the Tokyo Marathon in March 3, 2019. So after participating in the 2019 OZCC, he will proceed straight to Tokyo and prepare for the one of the most prestigious marathon in the world.





Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
               Tia Belau Newspaper
               December 29, 2002 -- December 23, 2018

               Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
               The Beginning of Chess in Palau
               By Roberto Hernandez
               Soon to be published as a book

              Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
              Tia Belau Newspaper
              March 15, 2012 -- April 15, 2013
              http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
              April 25, 2013 -- December 23, 2018

              The History of Chess in Palau
              By Roberto Hernandez
              June 09, 2002 -- December 23, 2018










 This photo of all 70 attendees of Pacific Area Fellowship was taken by a drone.





 Lunch time with hearty food prepared on top of banana leaves. We are using a plastic gloves to eat by hand instead of spoon and fork.














No comments:

Post a Comment