Wednesday, September 16, 2020

(1622) MUSIC AND ME (Sept. 06, 2018) THE MUSIC IS PERFECT




        THE MUSIC IS PERFECT




While I was in Batumi, Georgia for the 2018 World Chess Olympiad, this Good Job! review was posted at the bulletin board of Palau Royal Resort.

It was only when I come back from that trip (+8 days vacation to Philippines) in Oct. 12, that I saw this recognition.

I don't have any idea which guest gave this recognition until I review all the photos that I have in the month of Aug., September, October and November and these are all I've got.....















I think that the father of this Taiwanese/Chinese girl is the one mentioned me with "The Music is Perfect". This girl can play a little piano. I let her play for a couple of songs. Troy Manatad, right, is watching her play and posed when I asked for a photograph.

The next day, the father and son came at Breeze Bar where I play keyboard instrumental music from 9-11 pm after playing 2 hours of piano music at the Waves Restaurant.

The father had a music score for her daughter to play. There are 2 tables of bar guests at that time. I let her play for a few minutes. When the father insists that she play some more, I told him that I am playing there for 2 hours to satisfy the guests and not the 2 of them. He understands it as they are not ordering drinks to have the hotel have at least a minimum of sale or profit.







Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
               Tia Belau Newspaper
               December 29, 2002 -- February 04, 2019

               Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
               The Beginning of Chess in Palau
               By Roberto Hernandez
               Soon to be published as a book

               Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
               Tia Belau Newspaper
               March 15, 2012 -- April 18, 2013
               http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
               April 25, 2013 -- February 04, 2019

               The History of Chess in Palau
               By Roberto Hernandez
               June 09, 2002 -- February 04, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment