Sunday, January 29, 2017

(1333) MUSIC AND ME (Nov. 24, 2016) THE GOOD THINGS OF KNOWING GUESTS' NAMES

Motoki Hideura, left, and Yoji Hashimoto, right

Remembering their long Japanese names is possible only for me if I will write it as what I did to these 2 young Japanese. They have a good time with my music and we have this photo session. I don't like them to be the same as those other guests that I know only by face so I get a piece of paper and ask for their names. It's the best solution for my forgetful attitude, one of a trait that growing old person has to cope with.                         (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)



               THE GOOD THINGS OF 
           KNOWING GUESTS' NAMES

AFTER playing 2 hours of piano instrumental music at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort in October 13, 2015, I proceed to Breeze Bar for another 2 hours of instrumental keyboard music.

The place becomes a little busy with Japanese and Taiwanese guests. Later, a couple of Japanese guys sit near the keyboard and they requested a combination of Japanese and American songs.

They have a good time and I asked one staff of the Breeze Bar to take a photo of us. The Miller Lite beer at the background is very visible.

After some more singing and talking, I ask for their names so that I can feature them sometime in my Music and Me posts at http://palau-chess.blogspot.com after I gave them my card.

In order not to forget their names, I wrote it on a small piece of paper and put it in my wallet. 

I didn't expect that I would see them again 2 days later. They have 2 lady visitors with them.

After setting the keyboard, I look at that small piece of paper where I wrote their names and memorize it. Then I go to their table and say, "How are you Motoki san?, How are you, Yoji san?"

The 2 ladies were surprised that I mentioned their names correctly. They are thinking that maybe these two have been here at Breeze Bar many times that the musician knows their names.

THAT'S ONE OF THE ADVANTAGE OF KNOWING GUESTS' NAMES.

THE SWEETEST SOUND TO A PERSON IS HEARING PEOPLE CALLING THEM BY NAMES.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment