Monday, January 9, 2017

(1303) MUSIC AND ME (Aug. 18, 2016) Professional Divers Share Photo With Roberto

SOUVENIR PHOTO FROM CHINESE DIVERS
     Mr. Zhang Yan, right, and his wife had dinner at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort. They had enjoyed Roberto's music and have photos taken before they left.
                             (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)


        PROFESSIONAL DIVERS SHARE
              PHOTOS WITH ROBERTO

 
ON APRIL 04, 2016, a young Taiwanese/Chinese couple, have a photo session with me at the piano. I gave them my card in case they would like to communicate with me through Facebook or email.

                Exactly 15 days later, I’ve got an email from them with some photos. But when I tried to copy the photos, I can’t. Maybe it’s not resized and tried again a few days later but still can’t copy the fantastic views that they have taken in Palau.
                Their emails as well as the other emails/postcards/gifts that I’ve got from guests of different nationalities, if accumulated, maybe will be enough for me to be nominated as employee of the month and later employee of the year if so chosen by co-employees of Palau Royal Resort. But I’m not after those honors. It’s enough for me to make the guests satisfied with my music, with or without tips.
                As I mentioned to some lady Indonesians co-employee while dining at Cafeteria, “When guests ask me what is my favorite song, I will answer – I don’t have a favorite song. My favorite songs are the songs that my guests’ like. I’m playing music not to satisfy myself but to satisfy our guests.” They all agree with this comment. I think it’s their first time to hear a view/comment from a musician.
                This is the email of Zhang Yan:
From Zhang Yan – April 19, 2016 12:31pm
                Dear Roberto, we have met in restaurant of Palau Royal Resort. My wife and I were amazed by your fabulous piano skill and fully absorbed in the beautiful melody created by you. I have taken some photos while you were playing now I’m sharing these memories with you.

              The focus of this photo is you, and I made the wine glass blur.

                The focus of this one is on red wine glass and you are the blur, so to make a dream like effect.

                The last one is our group photo.

                Again thank you for the wonderful rhythms that you have played and nice to meet you in Paradise Palau. We wish you achieve a successful life and career, and see you when we see you again.
                Yan

From Zhang Yan—April 19, 2016 12:46pm
                Some photos taken in the sea, my wife and I are not musicians, so we cannot share the music experience with you. But since we are professional divers, we would like to share some photos I have taken in the ocean of Palau.



Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
                 Tia Belau Newspaper
                 December 29, 2002 -- August 18, 2016

                 Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
                 The Beginning of Chess in Palau
                 By Roberto Hernandez
                 Soon to be published as a book

                Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
                Tia Belau Newspaper
                March 15, 2012 -- April 18, 2013
                http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
                April 25, 2013 -- August 18, 2016 


No comments:

Post a Comment