Tuesday, January 10, 2017

(1313) MUSIC AND ME (Sept. 22, 2016) FIRST TIME TO MEET PEOPLE FROM CZECH REPUBLIC

4 GUYS FROM CZECH REPUBLIC
   Upon knowing that the standing Czech guy has been to Baku, Azerbaijan, I ask them for a photo session wearing my jacket uniform in the 2016 World Chess Olympiad in Baku showing the pink logo of that Olympiad.


     FIRST TIME TO MEET PEOPLE FROM
                    CZECH REPUBLIC

 
ON Oct. 02, 2016, a European guy, whom I thought is a Russian, requested to me "Purple Rain" by the late Prince.

       When he requested another song, this time by Bonnie Tyler, I ask if he is Russian. He said he is Czech. I gave him my card and I was surprised when he gets something from his wallet, which he said is HIS CARD-- $10.00!

      His first requested song from Bonnie Tyler is I don't know yet so I played "It's a Heartache" and his 2nd request "Total Eclipse of the Heart".

 We have a short conversation about chess and Baku Chess Olympiad. He said he's been to Baku for soccer, not for chess.

       It's a good chance to have photos with him and his companions so I wear my uniform jacket at Baku and ask for these photos. 

       I told them that I pioneered chess in Palau and been to Australia, Russia, Turkey, Norway and lately in Baku, Azerbaijan representing Palau.

       What he misheard me about CHESS as JAZZ. When I 'animate' moving chess pieces, that's the time he is sure now it is chess, not jazz.

        It happened also to Slovakian and Chinese couples where they thought i am talking about jazz and not chess. 

The Czech at left translate it to the guy at right.

       A day later, the Czech guy is surfing the internet for 3 hours when a strong wind almost turned the tent upside down. He run away with the other Czech guy but came back again after a few minutes.

       They resume their internet surfing and run away again next to the bar when another strong wind almost turned the tents upside down.

        They time they settled sitting next to bar and my keyboard. But I'm already securing my things and used a thrash bag to brave the strong wind and rain in going to the dormitory of Palau Royal Resort at 11pm.



Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
                 Tia Belau Newspaper
                 December 29, 2002 -- September 22, 2016

                 Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
                 The Beginning of Chess in Palau
                 By Roberto Hernandez
                 Soon to be published as a book

                  Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
                  Tia Belau Newspaper
                  March 15, 2012 -- April 18, 2013
                  http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
                  April 25, 2013 -- September 22, 2016

                 The History of Chess in Palau
                  By Roberto Hernandez
                  June 09, 2002-- September 22, 2016  
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment