Tuesday, January 10, 2017

(1316) MUSIC AND ME (Sept. 29, 2016) AMERICAN DIVERS AT BREEZE BAR OF PRR

MULTI-TALENTED AMERICAN DIVER/MUSICIAN
     The American at right is a diver and also a musician that can play Alto and Tenor sax as well as B flat clarinet. He's like Mr. Yoshiharu Kurata. He's also generous and gave me $20.00 tip that night.
                                               (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)


  AMERICAN DIVERS AT BREEZE BAR
      OF PALAU ROYAL RESORT
 
AFTER playing 2 hours of piano music at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort, I proceed to Breeze Bar to play another 2 hours of keyboard music. There are 3 Americans sitting close to my space. While setting the keyboard, the guy who is closest to the keyboard turned and said, "I never turned my back listening to a musician."

                 Then I started playing music while they are talking. Beside them is PRR 'Perfect Attendance' guest Mr. Kowazuru, Chief Engineer of Palau Pacific Resort, and a Japanese lady guest as companion.
                There are 2 more tables of all Americans. The 3 Americans always applauded after I finished every song especially to the song "Careless Whisper" where I used the sax for better sound in the ad lib.
                30 minutes later, the guy at right gave me $20.00 tip. He also asked if the keyboard can transpose its key. I said yes but the acoustic piano at Waves Restaurant can't.
                I learned later that he can play alto and tenor sax as well as the B flat clarinet. I mentioned to him that I and Yoshiharu Kurata played on New Year's Eve there-keyboard and alto sax. That Mr. Kurata is multi-talented musician that can sing international songs, plays the piano/keyboard, ocarina, sax, flute, guitar, quena and recorder.
                 I gave them my card and ask for photo so I can feature them in my Music and Me stories at http://palau-chess.blogspot.com I ask if anybody among them plays chess, he said he hadn't play chess since childhood.
                 I told them I pioneered chess in Palau and represented Palau in Australia, Russia, Istanbul Turkey, Norway and this Sept. in Azerbaijan. They are all divers and will be in Palau for 3 more days.

                SEE YOU AGAIN TONIGHT, GUYS!




Sources: Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
               The Beginning of Chess in Palau
              By Roberto Hernandez
              Soon to be published as a book

              Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
              Tia Belau Newspaper
              March 15, 2012 -- April 18, 2013
              http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
              April 25, 2013 -- December 21, 2016
          
              Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
              Tia Belau Newspaper
              December 29, 2002 -- December 21, 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment