Tuesday, April 18, 2017

(1367) MUSIC AND ME (March 02, 2017) U.S.A. MILITARY MEN THAT CAN PLAY MUSIC

2 American military men are looking at my songbooks to choose songs that they would like to sing. Jake, 2nd from left, sang with me 4 songs while Tyler plays classical              music "Moonlight Sonata".
            (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)


        U. S. A. MILITARY MEN
        THAT CAN PLAY MUSIC 
 
     Earlier this March 2017, as I am having a break playing piano at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort, an American guy asks me if he can play the piano. I let him play and he's good with music not familiar to me.
     After one song, the other guy played. He is watching me play 3 nights ago. He plays classical music! Although he forgot some notes of the "Moonlight Sonata", he's really good. Later they asked to play my favorite song. As usual, I will say, I don't have favorite songs. My guests' favorite songs are my favorite songs. I play music to satisfy my guests and not myself. They like that quote.
      Jake is talented in composing music while Tyler is the classical pianist. I played "Moon River" and Jake sang with me. We sing 3 more -"We Are The Champions" by Queen, "Edelweiss" from the movie Sound of Music and "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias. I noticed the variations of the music they like. Then Tyler asked if it's allowed to give tip and he gave me $20.00 then he left to sleep because they are leaving tomorrow with the US ship. Jake and me played some more esp. his own compositions till 9:15pm. He gave me also $20.00 tip. I gave them my card with Jake very much impress with my pioneering of chess in Palau and with my travel to Australia, Russia, Turkey, Norway and Azerbaijan because of chess.









Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
              Tia Belau Newspaper
              December 29, 2002 -- April 09, 2017

              Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
              The Beginning of Chess in Palau
              By Roberto Hernandez
              Soon to be published as a book

              Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
              March 15, 2012 --April 18, 2013
              http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
              April 25, 2013 -- April 09, 2017

              The History of Chess in Palau
              By Roberto Hernandez
              June 09, 2002--April 09, 2017 

No comments:

Post a Comment