Sunday, April 9, 2017

(1363) MY 4 WATCHES WERE GIFTS (World Chess Olympiads in Russia, Norway, Azerbaijan and Bahrain



I've been to Bahrain as musician at Khayam Taverna - Greek Restaurant in Jan. 1987-April 1989. My music student Pakinee Shuler, a former Miss Thailand, gave me a Seiko watch.






 Lately, I've got a watch from organizers of 2016 World Chess Olympiad in Baku, Azerbaijan. I bought the same watch (pink color) for my wife Flor Miranda-Hernandez for $35.00.






During the 2010 World Chess Olympiad in Russia, me and my BFF Tolitz Mapkocx got a watch each; no watch in 2012 WCO in Istanbul, Turkey;














We’ve got a watch each for the Open and Women's team member of Palau in the 2014 WCO in Norway from Asian Chess Federation President.






Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
                 Tia Belau Newspaper
                 December 29, 2002 -- April 02, 2017

                 Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
                 The Beginning of Chess in Palau
                 By Roberto Hernandez
                 Soon to be published as a book

                 Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
                 Tia Belau Newspaper
                 March 15, 2012 --April 18, 2013
                 http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
                 April 25, 2013 -- April 02, 2017

                The History of Chess in Palau
                By Roberto Hernandez
                June 09, 2002--April 02, 2017 

No comments:

Post a Comment