Sunday, April 9, 2017

(1362) MUSIC AND ME (Feb. 16, 2017) WEARING RED ON VALENTINE'S AND CHRISTMAS DAY







Tito Cabunagan, middle, No. 3 chess player of Palau, wears red also on Valentine's day with his daughter at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort.





 I am wearing my red polo shirt only on Valentine's and Christmas day. That shirt is more than 20 years but still looks new because I wear it only twice a year.
 In 2017 Valentine's day dinner at Palau Royal Resort, I asked Tito Cabunagan, Len-Len Pineda, Lorna Castaneto, wearing pink, for photos as they wearing red, too.

In 2015, Lorna asked me to teach her chess for possible inclusion of her to the 2016 World Chess Olympiad in Baku, Azerbaijan. There’s no fee involved. I just want to develop new chess talent if she had it.

But something abusive happened right from the start. She doesn’t want me to teach her at Palau Royal Resort Dormitory 1 because she is shy that many co-employees will see her practicing. So I agree with the venue—Bethlehem Park, where I need to spend some for gas.

I just tolerated this abuse of a ‘free’ student and teach her for the first time. No potential I can see as her motivation is only to travel to Europe for free. I told her that the 2016 WCO is a non-election year and she should be ready to spend at least $1,000.00.

In the first lesson, James dela Cruz, the Jack of all trade friend of mine came and he played a friendly game with Lorna with his level ‘lowered’ to give some tips and aspects of the game. He doesn’t see also any potential from Lorna, who even brought a notebook for taking notes.

The 2nd chess lesson didn’t happen as I went to Bethlehem Park and Lorna doesn’t show up. I spent some time and cash for gas and she doesn’t treat this lesson seriously. She gave me 2 pieces of candy in the first lesson—that’s all!

In the 2nd lesson, still no improvement whatsoever. James came also and brought me a papaya and a sour sap. Lorna asked for the sour sap. I gave it to her. No problem. I can deal with that.
BUT NOT WITH THIS: Lorna knew that Jeff Balbalosa also plays chess. When she said to me, “Can I ask Jeff to teach me chess? Is he married?” I only answered he is married with kids. What she didn’t think about is—Am I not a good teacher (for free) and still ask somebody to teach her for free, of course. It’s not about the teacher, it’s about her motivation to learn and to FLIRT because she’s been single at the age of 40+ because she is choosy.
             



















Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
              Tia Belau Newspaper
              December 29, 2002-March 29, 2017 

              Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
              The Beginning of Chess in Palau
              By Roberto Hernandez
              Soon to be published as a book

              Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
              Tia Belau Newspaper
              March 15, 2012 -- April 18, 2013
              http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
              April 25, 2013 -- Mrch 29, 2017

              The History of Chess in Palau
              By Roberto Hernandez
              June 09, 2002--March 29, 2017 

No comments:

Post a Comment