Sunday, April 9, 2017

(1365) MUSIC AND ME (Feb. 23, 2017) 19 PALAUAN LADIES ENJOY MY PALAU MUSIC (Tips--$17.00)



19 PALAUAN LADIES ENJOY MY PALAU MUSIC AND GAVE ME A TOTAL OF $17.00 TIP

It is not an ordinary Friday evening, Feb. 17 at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort as I have 19 Palauan ladies in front of the piano.

 Ley Balba, Mylz Esmeralda Toboso and Vina F Liwanag are having dinner w/ HR Manager Bob Hsiao. I know Ley’s usual requested song I played first Ley's favorite song "Somewhere in Time" followed by all- Palauan songs.

When I played Omruud a Reng, the lady at right asked me to sing it but I haven't memorized yet its lyrics. I followed it up with Ngesuas which I know the chorus. I played more Palauan songs.






 When I am singing Dil Dil Lomais, Jay Orio, buffet man, wants to sing with me and some other ladies. I put on the lyrics and it's amazing that Jay can sing it although he messed up with the accent in "Maral meringel Rengak".











 When I played and sang the Peliliu song Odasangel, the ladies showed their tradition of giving at least a dollar to me by each of them. I am surrounded by more than a dozen Palauan ladies with money to give me while we are singing Odasangel! 





I think most of them are from Peliliu. One of them is taking a video of us. No time for me to capture that special moment so I just took some photos with money on top of the piano.





 Another lady added $5.00 and another one - $3.00 for a total of $17.00 which Mylz jokingly said she will total/assess it for "tax" while they are passing by after their dinner.





Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
              Tia Belau Newspaper
              December 29, 2002 -- April 04, 2017

              Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
              The Beginning of Chess in Palau 
              By Roberto Hernandez
              Soon to be published as a book

              Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
              Tia Belau Newspaper
              March 15, 2012 -- April 18, 2013
              http://palau-chess-blogspot.com
              April 25, 2013 --April 04, 2017    



No comments:

Post a Comment