Friday, October 21, 2016

(1283) MUSIC AND ME (July 14, 2016) NEWLY RENOVATED PALAU TRACK AND FIELD OVAL

























             NEWLY RENOVATED 
     PALAU TRACK AND FIELD OVAL



BEFORE going to Baku, Azerbaijan for the 2016 World Chess Olympiad, the Palau Track and Field Oval is nearly on complete renovation for 6 months according to report. But it was completed months ahead of schedule.
                I said 2 years ago that the Long Island Park is the best place to jog because you can relax while jogging/running, enjoying the views and watching varieties of fishes, birds, wild roosters/chicks/hens, and you feel so much closer to nature.
                BUT… I hardly perspire while jogging/walking in there. And although I met many colleagues, friends (old and new) there, the length of distance of jogging/walking is not consistent of how many meters you have walked or jogged.
                Until I discovered the oval where you can measure how many meters you have jogged/walked by its numbers sign at the lanes.
                Also I’m meeting more people in high places like former Palau President Johnson Toribiong, Tia Belau Newspaper Publisher Moses Uludong and his wife Lily, Korean Mr. Ha of Hanpa Group of Companies, German Thomas Schubert, the Honorary Consul of Germany in Palau, old friend Delegate Lucio Ngiraiwet of Ngardmau State, former Senator Santy Asanuma, Pastor Kinsiano and his wife Lanie, who is my piano student on Sundays, Miwa Nabeyama, Rolly Jardenaso, former co-employee at Dragon Tei Japanese Restaurant, some co-workers at Palau Royal Resort like Antonio Penas, Chief Engineer of PRR, together with his partner Shirley, Ley, Kin, Ronald Reyes and many others.
                Many of the joggers have earphone and listening to music through their cell phones while jogging/walking. It shows that even in leisure hours, music is essential to our daily lives.
                I’m attending the Pentecostal Missionary Church of Christ (4th Watch) Palau Locale every Wednesday (where I am delivering the message) and Friday at 4:30am. Before 6am, I’m already doing jogging and walking at the oval. Half of the distance is jogging while the other half is fast walking.
                After the 1st lap, I’m doing 10 push-ups. Doing it again on the 3rd and 5th lap and at the 6th lap, it’s just a slower walk. After the 3rd lap and 10 push-ups, I’m already sweating a lot which I haven’t experience at Long Island Park.
                If there is sunlight already after finishing 6 laps at the oval, I will park at Long Island Park and walk for 20 minutes catching sunlight and take off my shirt to get my body have sunlight 'vitamin'.
                If there is sunlight on a Sunday morning at 7:30am, I usually walk/run from PRR to Long Island Park half naked so that I can catch some early morning sunlight as I always work at night from 7-11pm and always indoors.
                These exercises, in my personal observation, let me have a healthy sex life as I still have erection at age 61. When I have some conversation with Palau Chief Justice Arthur Ngiraklsong at the Breeze Bar of PRR, we have some good time laughing about that time that my former employer of 13 years at Image Restaurant Margarita Borja Dalton, gave me a drink of cognac and I mentioned to her that the cognac gave me sex appetite. CJ gave me a glass of red wine that night and when he offered me another drink and I said red wine again, he said jokingly, “Are you sure you don’t want to have cognac?”

  


         QUICK, SMART AND HILARIOUS REPLY 


It happened in late 1990's. At about past 12:00 midnight, all guests have left the Image Restaurant (which is open for dinner from 6-9 pm. Roberto Hernandez operates the karaoke from 9-11 after playing piano from 7-9pm.

Karaoke stopped and Roberto just practice with Ivan II Chess Computer while his boss Margarita 'Margie' Borja Dalton, Encely Ngiraiwet, Joyce Isechal and Frida Loftis are just talking and finishing their drinks.

Suddenly, the phone rings. AT 12:00 MIDNIGHT?

It's an unusual time to get a phone call for a restaurant. All restaurants in Palau closed at 11:00pm at the latest.

Being the owner and manager of Image Restaurant, Margie answered the call... "Image Restaurant, Good Evening."

There's a middle-aged Palauan guy who asked Margie an unexpected question -- "Can I eat your pussy?" 

Margie, being a smart, quick to response to any question, replied with, "SORRY, IT'S NOT IN THE MENU!"


Roberto just learned about that response when the 4 Palauan ladies started to laugh very loud. Maybe the Palauan guy didn't expect that response and was in shock. 







When I told this joke to Palau Chief Justice Arthur Ngiraklsong before Christmas of 2013, he enjoyed it especially the quick response from Margie. He knew her since childhood. He adores her beauty until now that she's past 65 years old. 

He told Roberto on that night that he heard this joke, that Margie asked her once --"CAN YOU MARRY ME?" 

And he replied -"YES! I THOUGHT YOU WOULD NEVER ASK!"

Margie replied back --"No, I mean I'm getting married and I want you to marry us at the Rock Island wedding." 

Margie married (for the 3rd time) Japanese businessman Masa Shibuta at the Rock Island in the late '80's or early '90's. Mr. Shibuta comes to Palau every 3 months since their wedding.

Chief Justice also enjoyed the joke "WHICH ROOM?"
   Four persons died at the same time in 4 different places. One is a priest, the other is an American soldier in Iraq, the 3rd one is a chess Grandmaster and the 4th one is a prostitute.

                At the pearly gate of heaven, St. Peter asked them one by one of “What are the good things that you have done while you’re living on earth?”

                The priest said, “I am a priest and I think I don’t need to explain anything.”

                St. Peter sees the purity in the priest’s heart and said to him – “You go to the WHITE ROOM.”

                Next is the American soldier who died from a bomb explosion in Iraq. He said, “I’m a soldier. I died serving my country.”

                St. Peter sees the bravery in his heart and said to him –“You go to the RED ROOM.”

                The 3rd one is the chess Grandmaster. He was asked again of “what are the good things that you did while you’re still living on earth?” He said, “I’m a chess Grandmaster. I don’t smoke, I don’t drink alcohol. I dedicate my whole life to chess.”

                St. Peter sees the dedication of the Grandmaster and ask him – “You go to the CHECKERED ROOM.”

                And lastly, St. Peter asked the prostitute –“What are the good things that you did on earth while you’re still living?” She said, “I make a lot of men happy!”

                St. Peter asks her, “Okay, you go to MY ROOM”.

THE CHIEF JUSTICE THOUGHT THAT THE GRANDMASTER WOULD HAVE THE BEST ROOM BECAUSE HE DOESN'T SMOKE, DRINK AND LEAD A STRAIGHT LIFE!

MR. NGIRAKLSONG ENJOYED THAT NIGHT OF JOKES THAT HE GAVE ROBERTO $5.00 TIP, AND 2 GLASSES OF RED WINE.

HE ALSO LIKES THE STORY OF ROBERTO WHEN MARGIE HAS OFFERED HIM A DRINK AND ROBERTO GOT A SHOT OF COGNAC. ROBERTO TOLD MARGIE A FEW DAYS LATER THAT COGNAC MADE ROBERTO TO HAVE SEX APPETITE!

When Roberto was given by Chief Justice the 2nd glass of red wine,  CJ jokingly asked, "Are you sure you don't want a cognac?"

Chief Justice Ngiraklsong became a chess addict when he was studying Law in the USA. When his grades deteriorated because he's not focus on studies, he was advised to totally stopped playing chess. Which he did but he regrets it today (the total stopping). He said he should stop but should have give a little time to enjoy it even once in a while.

He also likes Greek music. Roberto mentioned to him 2 years ago that he played music at Khayam Taverna (Greek Restaurant) in Bahrain for 2 years and 3 months (Jan. 1987- April 1989). CJ had seen the movie "Zorba, the Greek" and explained to Roberto how he loved the song and the story of the movie.

On Dec. 15, 2014, Roberto met CJ at Waves Restaurant when he is about to go to the rest room after playing piano. CJ said that the annex building of the Supreme Court is about to be finished in April 2015. He invited Roberto to perform again there.

In one of their conversation 2 years ago, Roberto mentioned to CJ that he played in his inauguration as Palau Chief Justice at Judicial Building on Dec. 02, 1992. He was surprised at said, "Oh! That was a long time ago!"



http://palau-chess.blogspot.com/2014/11/chess-jokes-part-5-f-o-r-d-u-l-t-s-o-n.html





Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
               Tia Belau Newspaper
              December 29, 2002 -- October 21, 2016

              Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
              The Beginning of Chess in Palau
              By Roberto Hernandez
              To be published as a book in the future

              Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
              Tia Belau Newspaper
              March 15, 2012 -- April 18, 2013
              http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
              April 25, 2013 -- October 21, 2016   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment