Friday, October 21, 2016

(1281) MUSIC AND ME (July 07, 2016) MISCELLANEOUS INTERNATIONAL GUESTS AT PRR

t
This Japanese family are on their way to their room when they passed by me playing Japanese songs. They asked for a photo session and a little talk about Japanese music that I've played which they enjoyed. Before going back to their room on that May 16, 2016 dinner at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort, the guy gave me $10.00 tip. As usual, I forgot to ask for their names again!







This Argentine couple is not pure Argentine. The lady (I forgot to ask her name (again!), is half Mexican, half Argentine. Her husband is also half cast.
They were guests at the Breeze Bar of Palau Royal Resort where I play keyboard music from 9-11pm on May 19, 2016.
The lady is very fluent in English that's why we talked for more than 30 minutes about music and chess.



Brandon Kyle Lagmay Soriano, left, is my guitar/chess student for over a year. He celebrated his 7th birthday at Red Rooster Cafe with me accompanying him and my other 3 guitar students in a special numbers that delighted the invited guests on May 16, 2015.



 This time, he celebrate his 8th birthday at Palau Royal Resort's Waves Restaurant on May 15, 2016. There's no buffet dinner at that Sunday so they just ordered ala carte.



 His present from his parents is a Star Wars Lego that costs a hundred dollars!



 I gave Kyle a pin from Baku Chess Olympiad 2016 and a necklace (dolphin), which is our gifts to our opponents during the 2014 World Chess Olympiad in Tromso, Norway.





 After taking this last shot, I proceed to attend the Evangelistic night of Pentecostal Missionary Church of Christ (Palau Locale) after playing "Happy Birthday" song for Kyle with me playing the piano.




Taiwanese couple, Mr. Yang and his wife are professional divers in Taiwan. After this photo was taken in April 04, 2016, he sent me through my email robert_flor31154@yahoo.com exactly the same as this picture with short message about them. I tried to copy those photos but it's not resized and hard to copy.








Palauan Seth Gulibert, left,  is the brother of Angaur State Delegate Mario Gulibert. He is the moderator of a party being held at the wooden area of Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort. While taking a break, they had this photo session and some talks about music, chess and politics on that night of March 30, 2016.












German Research Economist of Asian Development Bank Institute Matthias Helble, right, likes my rendition of international songs. Had I have known earlier that he is German, I should have played the German song I know " Lily Marlene". 




He gave me $2.00 tip and he is with a Filipino guide who refuses to have photo with us. Matthias is based in Kasumigaseki Building 8F
3-2-5 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo 100-6008 Japan      www.adbi.org




Sources: Chess Mate by Roberto Hernandez
                 Tia Belau Newspaper
                 December 29, 2002 -- October 17, 2016

                 Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
                 The Beginning of Chess in Palau
                  By Roberto Hernandez
                 To be published as a book in the future

                Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
                Tia Belau Newspaper
                March 15, 2012 -- April 18, 2013
                http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
                April 25, 2013 -- October 17, 2016

                The History of Chess in Palau
                By Roberto Hernandez
                June 09, 2002 -- October 17, 2016      



 


No comments:

Post a Comment