Sunday, October 9, 2016

(1278) MUSIC AND ME (June 30, 2016) 1990 PIANO-ORGAN LESSONS OF ROBERTO IN PHILIPPINES

SAME AGE BRACKET OF THESE BOYS AND GIRLS
     Michelle, my best keyboard student while living in Muntinlupa, Metro Manila in early 90's, is in the same age bracket as these young boys and girls, which are playmates of my daughter Karen, right. Michelle's mother, is working in Hong Kong and bought her a good Yamaha keyboard that inspire her to pursue music unlike these kids that their parents can't afford instruments and lessons fee, which are carefully studied by Roberto and his wife Flor, 2nd from right, so that even the poorest can afford. I'm willing to lend my keyboard to those students that don't have their own.
                                (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)

      1990 PIANO-ORGAN LESSONS OF
            ROBERTO HERNANDEZ IN
                     PHILIPPINES

I was able to build a house from my savings for working 2 years and 3 months as musician in Khayam Taverna (Greek Restaurant) in Bahrain from Jan. 1987- April 1989.

I have many potential music students that gave me and my wife Flor, an idea to have advertisement of my private tutoring for children 5 years old and above and for adults as well.

I have 3 students of Electone organ who are half-Filipino, half Chinese at Project 2, Quezon City. 2 girls and a boy whose ages are about 2 years differential.

After a few months of tutoring, the father got jealous of how good his kids are now. He asked me to give him lessons also! BUT HE WANTS IT WHEN THE KIDS ARE NOT AROUND.

So I teach him that Saturday morning when the kids are not around. I teach him the 'oido' style or 'by ear' and no music notes. Adults learned faster by this in my many years of experiences teaching adults.

I don't have available baby sitter to take care of my daughter Karen, who is just more than 2 years old, so I let her play around while I'm teaching the father.

About 150 meters from my house, a lady doctor asked me to teach her 3 daughters piano. They have their own piano and when one of her daughters get married, the bride requested me to play 4 love songs on her wedding day at the church and at the reception. The songs that I remembered are Endless Love, Looking Through The Eyes Of Love, Somewhere in Time and I forgot the 4th one.   






  

Source: Music and Me
               By Roberto Hernandez
               Tia Belau Newspaper
               March 15, 2012 -- April 18, 2013  
               http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
               April 25, 2013 -- June 30, 2016  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment