Sunday, October 9, 2016

(1276) MUSIC AND ME (June 23, 2016) YOUNG TAIWANESE COUPLE AND THE WORD "PLEASANT"


"PLEASANT" AND $5.00 TIP
     The Taiwanese guy in the middle enjoys my music repertoire of Taiwanese, Japanese, American and other international music and he said only one word to show his appreciation -- "Pleasant" and $5.00 tip.


     YOUNG TAIWANESE COUPLE
     AND THE WORD "PLEASANT"  

Very few Taiwanese guests appreciated when I play international songs. Many times that when our guests at Palau Royal Resort's Waves Restaurant and Breeze Bar are Japanese and I played Japanese songs, only Japanese are clapping. When I play Taiwanese songs, only Taiwanese are clapping.

There are times also that when I play Japanese songs, both Japanese and Taiwanese guests are clapping. When that happens, I will say "Doumo arigatou gozaimasu" for Japanese guests and "Xie Xie Ni" to Taiwanese or Chinese guests, to be followed by "Thank you".

It happened 3 years ago that a group of about 14 guests are sitting in front of the piano. The oldest among them, maybe the grandpa, is drinking Japanese wine "Shochu" in front of me. I played Japanese songs and he applauded every time I finish the song. He gave me a glass of Shochu and put it at the left side of the piano. I continue to play Japanese songs and he always applauded.

When he saw that my glass of shochu is almost empty, he come to me with the bottle of shochu in his hand and pour some more to my glass and he said, "I'm Korean!"

On March 16, 2016, I have a young Taiwanese (or Chinese) couple sitting at the right side of the piano in the center column of Waves Restaurant.

The guy shows his appreciation of my rendition of Taiwanese songs by nodding his head as sign of approval that he likes the songs that I'm playing.

As there are other guests of different nationality, I'm playing Japanese, Taiwanese and American songs alternately.

About less than an hour of listening to my music, the guy comes to me and said a word --"pleasant" and gave me $5.00 tip.

Before going home, they asked me if it's okay if we have photos together. I asked a Palau Royal Resort staff to take photos of us and here's the 2nd one...

THANK YOU, MR. PLEASANT!
HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN IN PALAU SOMEDAY.





Sources: Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
             Tia Belau Newspaper
             March 15, 2012 --April 18, 2013
             http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
             April 25, 2013 -- October 05, 2016

            Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
            The Beginning of Chess in Palau
            By Roberto Hernandez
            To be published as a book in the future
     

     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment