Thursday, December 4, 2014

(826) MUSIC AND ME (Sept. 25, 2014) JAPANESE BAKA (FOOL) AND SUKEBE (HORNY)


SITTING 2ND FROM LEFT
    The old Japanese guy sitting 2nd from left was 'nicknamed' BAKA (Fool) by the Japanese guy standing at left. Roberto Hernandez, standing right, suggested to call him SUKEBE (Horny) after he showed interest to the lone lady with tattoo, sitting 2nd from right.  (Photo by Roberto Hernandez - Taken by Jovy Rodriguez)



              JAPANESE BAKA (FOOL)
              AND SUKEBE (HORNY)

Many times I have guests that know me but I know them only by face. That's why if there is a chance, I ask for their names and write it so that I will not forget their names. 

It happens again in Sept. 29, 2014 when I tall Japanese guy, with 2 older Japanese guys with him and later joined by a younger Japanese lady at Breeze Bar of Palau Royal Resort.

The tall guy recognized me right away. He's been to Palau many times. When I started to play all-Japanese songs, one of the older guys requested "Sukiyaki" or "Ueo Muite Aruko o ".

Sukiyaki Song is more popular to others especially in America where it has an English version.

They want me to play it not in swing tempo but the tempo in their cell phone's version of "Sukiyaki". 

After listening to it, I've got it as the same beat as "Alii Mountain", the danceable Taiwanese song.

When I played it in that beat, they applauded and enjoyed my own instrumental version. Sometimes I sing with it when I know the lyrics (about 85%).

Their enjoyment got a twist when a beautiful, young Asian lady come to the bar and order a cocktail drink. She sits by herself next to the table of the 4 Japanese. They became 4 when they called the lady in her room (Palau Royal Resort).

While she is ordering cocktail, everybody noticed that she's got tattoo on the lower part of her right shoulder. The old guy, 2nd from left sitting at the photo, can't help himself to stare at the lady.

When her drink is almost finished, he offered the lady with tattoo another cocktail. The lady appreciated it and accepted the offer. I'm not sure if it's the same or different but the color is the same.

I continued to play all-Japanese songs. I have given them the Japanese and American songs songbook. The tattooed lady didn't sing along with my playing so I don't know if she is Japanese, Taiwanese, Palauan, Korean or Chinese.

At 11:00 pm, I stopped playing and before securing the keyboard and other music stuff, I asked the tattooed lady if we can have photo with the Japanese group. She sits next to the Japanese guy that gave her a drink and Jovy Rodriguez, the bartender, took the shot.

I asked the 2 Japanese guys with cellphones to ready their cellphones' camera for another shot with the tattooed lady.  

It takes long time for the 2 guys to set it on photo mode because it's on video mode.

The guy who gave the tattooed lady a drink sat next to her with his arm around the shoulder of the lady. After a few more minutes, the tattooed lady left. Before the group left, they said they will be back again there tomorrow and the tall guy gave me $10.00 tip.

True to their words, they came back again the next day. The guy who gave the tattooed lady a drink became the subject of teasing. The tall guy gave him a nicknamed "baka" (fool) but I added "sukebe" (horny) which everybody having a good time calling him that names.

They had another good time till 11pm. The other old guy promised me to send CD of Japanese songs that they like me to learn. I added in their list the "Tsunami" because I haven't heard that song yet from its original singers -- The Southern All-Stars, who sung also the most popular Japanese song in my repertoire --Itoshino Elly, the Japanese version of "Elly My Love" by Ray Charles.

The next day, they have dinner at Waves Restaurant. They signal that they will go at Breeze Bar after their dinner. They did go earlier than me.

At 9pm, when I go to Breeze Bar, there are some Taiwanese that sit at the table where they used to sit. They sit near the railing and ocean.

It's a quiet night. There's no laughter and teasing of "baka" and "sukebe".

Before they go home, the tall guy gave me $20.00 this time and said, "See you again, next year."

HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN, NEXT YEAR!

SAYONARA!

MATTA NE!

ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU!




Source: Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
               The Beginning of Chess in Palau
               By Roberto Hernandez
               September 2014
              To be published as a book in the future
               

  

No comments:

Post a Comment