Wednesday, December 24, 2014

(839) MUSIC AND ME (Oct. 23, 2014) Old Japanese Couple Who's Been To Palau on Valentine's Day

"ROMEO AND JULIET" AT PALAU ROYAL RESORT 
     This Japanese couple has been to Palau Royal Resort on a very special date... February 14, 2013 -- Valentine's Day. The guy is not sure that it's really me that's playing the piano on that night. When he saw the pictures on my business cards, that's the time that he's sure that it's really me.
                                                   (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)


     OLD JAPANESE COUPLE WHO'S
                 BEEN TO PALAU ON
            VALENTINE'S DAY 2013

ON October 21, 2014, as I am playing piano at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort from 7-9pm, I noticed an old Japanese couple who's staring at me as if they know me, especially the guy.

There's one time that he goes to the rest room and passes at my back and looked at my calling cards.

I played all Japanese songs and they applauded silently. Usually, I play old Japanese songs if the Japanese guests are old and play newer Japanese songs if the guests are younger Japanese.

It's been my observation since 1980-1982 that if the guests who requested a song or two are younger, I don't expect tips because they are not yet established financially.

But mostly when the guests are older (40 years and older), I have received bigger amount of tips as they are financially established already.

When the old Japanese couple have paid their bill, they come to me and the guy told me that he's been to Palau Royal Resort last Feb. 14, 2013 (Valentine's Day). I'm not sure if he's with his wife at that time because he said "I".

He asked me if I'm still that same pianist at that time. When I said yes, he's now very sure and requested the song "Kawa No Nagareno Yo Ni" in which he said he enjoyed listening last year. 

I gave him my card and his wife gave me $10.00 tip. I don't want to waste another golden opportunity to have picture with guests who enjoyed my music.

After the photo sessions with our cameras, he requested me to play again the "Kawa No Nagareno Yo Ni".

After playing it with expression, they say goodbye and I ask for their names. I said I'll have to write it because I have problem forgetting names if I don't write it.

THE PROBLEM IS... I MISPLACED THE PAPER WHERE I WROTE THEIR NAMES!

I THINK IT'S IN THE JAPANESE SONG BOOK.

**I finally found the paper where I wrote their names --
        It's Mr. Shikeo and Ms. Keiko Nojima. 


Source: Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
               The Beginning of Chess in Palau
               By Roberto Hernandez
               October 2014
               To be published as a book in the future

          

No comments:

Post a Comment