Wednesday, December 3, 2014

(813) MUSIC AND ME (Aug. 21, 2014) ALL IN THE FAMILY (CONTAGIOUS IN GIVING TIPS)


JAPANESE HUSBAND AND WIFE -- $10.00 TIP EACH
      The Japanese guy in red cap appreciated my rendition of Japanese songs and gave me $10.00 without requesting a song or two. I guess that I might not have a chance to have photo session with him so I took this stolen shot with the $10.00 tip on top of the upright piano. Her wife also gave me another $10.00 before they left.
                              (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)



              ALL IN THE FAMILY
  (CONTAGIOUS IN GIVING TIPS)


I'VE HAD some memorable experiences with families of different nationalities.

The latest is with a Japanese couple on Oct. 08, 2014. As I'm playing alternately Japanese, American and Chinese songs, they don't seem to bother to listen to my music.

When I concentrate to Japanese songs, the guy notice it as I'm playing with expression. He later come to me and gave me $10.00 tip.

His wife, not knowing that he gave me tip already, also gave me another $10.00. The guy is not looking when she gave it to me. I think he doesn't care. Unlike others, when they gave already and some of their companions are about to give tips, they are preventing them.

Two days earlier, (Oct. 06, 2014), Mr. Richard Misech, the General Manager of Palau National Telecommunications Corporation, and his family, had a dinner at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort.
 
They are sitting in front of me at a long table. When I started playing Palauan songs, Mr. Misech's oldest daughter started singing (without microphone, of course). I also sung with her if I know the lyrics.

A few minutes later, a lady nearest to the piano gave me $5.00 tip. When I sing "Dil Dil Lomais", another girl gave me $1.00. The like my accent in the part "Meral Meringel Rengak" and "Era PRR" instead of "Era Ombal". Ombal was the most popular bar in the 80's-90s. When I'm working at Image Restaurant, I sang it "Era Image", "Era Rose Garden" when I'm playing at Rose Garden Resort in 2005 for 11 months.


I continue to play all Palauan songs till 9pm. As I am securing the piano, song books and my other things, Mr. Misech approached me and gave me $5.00.

He said it's a farewell party for his 2 daughters who are coming back to USA the next day to resume their studies. I thought that the one who always sings is his sister but she's his oldest daughter.




In 2011, it's not a family but a company party. While getting food from buffet, Mr. Bumpei Iwata gave me his 2 cards (both written in Japanese and English at the other sides).


















Mr. Iwata was the first one to give me $10.00 tip on top of the piano's right side. 

Another Japanese guy in the middle gave me another $10.00. The Japanese guy at the left side of the long table is about to put single dollars on top of the piano but when he saw that all the money there are all $10.00 bills, he asked his other friends to make it $10.00.

The last Japanese guy who gave me $20.00 is the one who sits beside me with his harmonica. He played a popular American song (I forgot the title) and I accompany him with the piano. He's very good and can play with expression.


Source: Chess And Music (Perfect Combination)
           The Beginning of Chess in Palau
           By Roberto Hernandez
           2011 - August 2014
           To be published as a book in the future
  


    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment