Wednesday, December 24, 2014

(837) MUSIC AND ME (Oct. 16, 2014) MEETING RON GONZALES AGAIN AFTER MORE THAN 10 YEARS


IN AND OUT OF PALAU
     Ron Gonzales, right, has been to Palau more than Roberto Hernandez, left, but he's in and out of Palau. He's now based in Guam, Vice President of Lyon Associates, Inc.
                                (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)



     MEETING RON GONZALES AGAIN 
       AFTER MORE THAN 10 YEARS

It was a quiet night at Breeze Bar and all guests have left. It's raining a little.

Then a familiar guy asked for a drink menu. While he was looking for a drink, he noticed me staring at him, trying to figure out who he is.

He invited me to sit down with him and talk for more than an hour. He offered me a drink and I ordered red wine.

While we are talking, he's getting more and more familiar to me-- the persons he knows in Palau,  ---Margarita Borja Dalton, Encely Ngiraiwet, Frida Loftis, Joyce Isechal, First Lady Debbie Remengesau, and many more.
 
In the middle of our conversation, I can't resist to ask --"What's your first name again?"

When he said Ron, that's the time that I know his full name now, and I said, "Oh yeah, Ron, Ron Gonzales."

He's Puerto Rican and met a Russian lady who works in Palau. They got married and have a teen-age son now.

He said he will be in Palau at least twice a month as he's got a contract at Palau Pacific Resort to build a resort-type houses that are floating on the water.

When he showed me the logo of a company where he works as Vice President, I mentioned to him that somebody gave me a card about a year ago with the same logo and that I thought it's a Filipino.

I gave Ron my card and he promised to give me his card also where there are some info about his job, tel. numbers and area of work (Hawaii, USA and Guam).

He said he will come back again tomorrow to give me the card. He didn't make it.

I check my business cards collection and found out that the one who gave me a Lyon Associates, Inc. card was he himself in June 07, 2013!



We also talked about chess, that I was able to go to Australia, Russia, Istanbul Turkey, and recently to Norway in representing Palau in Oceania Zonal Chess Championship and World Chess Olympiads.



Source: Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
               The Beginning of Chess in Palau
               By Roberto Hernandez
               1992-2014
               To be published as a book in the future 

   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment