Sunday, December 28, 2014

(847) MUSIC AND ME (Nov. 13, 2014) Popular Even To Kids--Chinese Song "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin"


MOTHER AND DAUGHTER CAN SING THIS POPULAR SONG
    Six years ago, I have proven that the Chinese/Taiwanese song "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin" is the most popular among the less than 20 Chinese songs that I know. It was proven again when the mother sang it and the girl can follow the tune and the lyrics.                                                  (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)



           POPULAR EVEN TO KIDS --  
                   CHINESE SONG
       "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin" 


Left to right (squatting) --Josephine Amutan, Cathy (Chinese waitress), Maricar Baules Genova
                  (standing, front row -- Roberto Hernandez, Delfin Mallare, Cathy Erni, Edgar Cayanan, Lisa, Ellen (Chinese waitress -birthday celebrant), Tin-Tin Agrimano, Ramiro de Leon and Allan Tuppil (F & B Manager of Palau Royal Resort)
Back row --Ernest Carlos, Karen Mar, May Anchoriz,  ......,   at Long Island Park during the celebration of Ellen's birthday (2008).


In 2008, Ellen (Chinese waitress) lend me a CD of Chinese songs. I study 4 songs there using my keyboard. 

The "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin" is the 3rd one that I've learned.

When I'm playing those 4 songs at Waves Restaurant, I always look at the reaction of Chinese/Taiwanese guests.

No applause from guests to the 3 songs but when a 4-year-old Chinese boy sung with his older brother and sister to the tune of "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin", I knew then that it's the most popular among the 4 songs.

Since then, I practiced hard to learn that song (from intro, to the ad lib and learning the right pronunciation of lyrics).




 The Chinese lady at right gave me $10.00 tip after playing for her all-Chinese songs while she is using internet.

I gave the girl in the middle my card and her mom, left, gave me $5.00. The girl's aunts also gave me $5.00 for playing mostly Taiwanese/Chinese songs. The guy in the middle also sung while I'm playing Chinese songs which he almost know all of them.

This was on November 22, 2014 when China has overtaken Taiwan as the no. 2 in the number of tourists that visited Palau for this year.

A few months earlier, China has disposed Korea at No. 3 while Japan is still the leading tourists in Palau in the last 15 years or more.


 Source: Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
             The Beginning of Chess in Palau
             By Roberto Hernandez
            2008-2014
            To be published as a book in the future
 

No comments:

Post a Comment