Monday, October 20, 2014

(806) MUSIC AND ME (Aug. 07, 2014) UNIQUE FATHER'S DAY 'GIFT' OF A THOUGHTFUL DAUGHTER

AT MANILA ZOO IN 1989
     After coming back from 2 years and 3 months job as musician in Bahrain, Roberto Hernandez treated his 4-year-old daughter Karen to a trip at Manila Zoo with a giraffe as background. 25 years later, Karen found this photo as a unique Father's Day gift to his dad. HOW THOUGHTFUL!   (Photo by Roberto Hernandez -- Taken by Flor Hernandez)


           UNIQUE FATHER'S DAY 'GIFT'
        OF A THOUGHTFUL DAUGHTER

KAREN Gennibeth Miranda Hernandez is just 2 years old when her dad Roberto went to Bahrain as musician at Khayam Taverna (Greek Restaurant) from Jan. 1987-April 1989.

When Roberto comes back, he treated Karen to a trip to Manila Zoo. One of the memorable photo taken there is the one above.

When Roberto worked as musician also in Palau in Feb. 04, 1992, he forgot already the whereabouts of their old photos including this one.

When Karen graduated high school in Palau at Mindzenty, she resumed studies (Nursing) in Philippines from 2004-2008. During those years, she discovered some old photos from a very old wooden box.

Instead of scanning, she just took shot at those photos with a camera so the quality is not as good as of those scanned. 

She thought of an idea to send that photo as Father's Day gift to his dad and he likes it a lot and said to her, "I thought that photo is long gone."

When Karen is just 2 years old, she's already very thoughtful.

Roberto is working at that time at Sinugba Restaurant as pianist from 12noon-1:30pm (1:30pm-2pm is lunch time). At night, it's 7-9:30pm (9:30-10pm is dinner time). 

His salary for the day is given every night (130.00 Php). He always put the money in his long sleeves polo shirt pocket and go home by bike, which is just half kilometer away.

When Karen sensed that her dad is home, she will shout "Papa! Papa!" while Roberto is climbing the stairs.

Roberto will carry and kiss her and Karen's hand will go directly to the shirt pocket to get the money and give it to her mom! THAT'S HOW THOUGHTFUL SHE IS!

Karen also has a practical comment to those who believe in the song "When You Wish Upon A Star", a song written in 1940 and the theme song from "Pinocchio"....
           "WHY NOT WISH TO THE ONE WHO MADE IT?" 


                          CONTINUATION OF
      MY REPERTOIRE OF INTERNATIONAL SONGS  

                                 -- I --   
 

1966    I’M A BELIEVER (Monkees)                                                                       B   145
1971    I M A G I N E   (John Lennon)                                                                      V     37
            I’M CAUGHT BETWEEN GOODBYE AND I LOVE YOU (Carpenters)   DB279
            I’M COMING HOME (Beeb Birtles & Graham Goble)                                 DB  83
            I’M EASY (Keith Carradine)                                                                         G     89
1935    I’M IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE                                                                 R     27
            I’M LOOKING THROUGH YOU (Beatles)                                                 R   189
            I’M SORRY MY LOVE (Victor Wood) (Filipino Song)                              OPM159
            I MUST BE DREAMIN’
            INDAY NG BUHAY KO (Filipino Song)                                            
1976    I NEED TO BE IN LOVE (Carpenters)                                                         R     96
            I NEED YOU (America)                                                                                DB  84
            I NEED YOU (Beatles)                                                                                 R   208
            I NEED YOU (Euclid Beach Band)                                                               DB  85
1976    I NEVER CRY (Alice Cooper)                                                                      R     91
            I NEVER DREAMED SOMEONE LIKE YOU COULD LOVE
                        SOMEONE LIKE ME
            I NEVER DREAMED YOU’D LEAVE IN SUMMER (Stevie Wonder)        R    90
            I NEVER THOUGHT THAT I COULD LOVE (Dan Hill)
            IN MY LIFE (Beatles)                                                                                   R   226
1982    INSPECTOR MILLS (America)                                                                    R   108
1939    IN THE MOOD (Glen Miller Orchestra)                                                      
            I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU
            IPAGLALABAN KO (Freddie Aguilar) (Filipino Song)                             
1990    IPAGPATAWAD MO (Mayonaise)                                                           OPM193
            IROG AKO AY MAHALIN (Filipino Song)                                             OPM  94
            I SAW HER STANDING THERE (Beatles)                                                 R   203
1967    I SAY A LITTLE PRAYER (Dionne Warwick)                                            R   107
            I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER (Beatles)                                         R   212
            IS IT OKAY IF I CALL YOU MINE (Paul McCrane)                                DB  82
            ISLA EN EL SOL (Julio Iglesias) (Spanish Song)                                         DBI 44
            ISLAND IN THE SUN                                                                               B     61
1983    ISLANDS IN THE STREAM (Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton)                    G     91
196      I STARTED A JOKE (Bee Gees)                                                                B   174
1994    I SWEAR (All For One)                                                                              B     62
            IT DOESN’T MATTER ANYHOW (Jose Feliciano)                                   B   272
1982    IT MIGHT BE YOU (Stephen Bishop)                                                        B   290
            IT MUST HAVE BEEN LOVE (Roxette)                                                    B   273
1979    ITOSHINO ELLY (Souther All-Star) (Japanese Song)                                 J      14
1978    IT’S A HEARTACHE (Bonnie Tyler)                                                           DB281
1958    IT’S ALL IN THE GAME (Cliff Richard)                                                    B   128
1936    IT’S A SIN TO TELL A LIE                                                                       B   271
1968    IT’S IMPOSSIBLE                                                                                     DB152
            IT’S JUST ANOTHER NEW YEAR’S EVE (Barry Manilow)                    V     44
            IT’S MY TURN (Diana Ross)                                                                     R     95
            IT’S NOT UNUSUAL (Tom Jones)                                                            G     95
196      IT’S NICE TO BE WITH YOU (Monkees)                                                B   115
1960    IT’S NOW OR NEVER (Elvis Presley)                                                       B   112
            IT’S ONLY LOVE (Beatles)                                                                       R   213
1977    IT’S SAD TO BELONG (England Dan & John Ford Coley)                        DB169
1971    IT’S TOO LATE (Carole King)                                                                    DB173
1960    ITSY BITSY TEENY WEENY YELLOW POLKA DOT BIKINI
                                 (Bryan Hyland)                                                                       B   159
            IT TAKES TOO LONG (Eydie Gorme)                                                      DB282
            IT WAS ALMOST LIKE A SONG (Ronnie Milsap)                                   B    90
1954    I UNDERSTAND (Just How You Feel) (Herman’s Hermits)                        V    51
            I’VE GOT A CRUSH ON YOU (Linda Ronstadt)                                      B   241
196      I’VE GOTTA GET A MESSAGE (Bee Gees)                                             B   171
            I’VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN (Frank Sinatra)                                 R     20
            I’VE NEVER BEEN TO ME (Charlene)                                                     R   113
196      I WANNA BE FREE (Monkees)                                                                B   163
196      I WANNA BE YOUR LOVER (Cascades)                                                B   170
            I WANT TO GIVE (Perry Como)                                                               G     97
1981    I WANT TO GIVE IT ALL (Air Supply)                                                     B   323
            I WANT TO LIVE (John Denver)                                                                G   101
1963    I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND (Beatles)                                             R   200
1985    I WANT TO KNOW WHAT LOVE IS (Foreigner)                                    B   243
1977    I WANT YOU TO WANT ME                                                                   B     63
            I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO LOVE (Leif Garrett)                  DB153
            I WAS ONLY JOKING (Rod Stewart)                                                       DB154
1952    I WENT TO YOUR WEDDING (Patti Page)(Lennon Sisters)                    B   156
            I WHO HAVE NOTHING (Tom Jones)                                                     G       9                          I           I WILL (Beatles)                                                                                        R   227
            I WILL BE HERE (Gary Valenciano) (Filipino Song)                                 OPM164
1979    I WILL SURVIVE (Gloria Gaynor)                                                             V     52
1968    I WISH YOU LOVE                                                                                  DB155
1964    I WILL WAIT FOR YOU                                                                            
1971    I WON’T LAST A DAY WITHOUT YOU (Carpenters)                            R   183
1974    I WRITE THE SONGS (Barry Manilow)                                                    DB  86


Source: Chess And Music (Perfect Combination)
             The Beginning of Chess in Palau
             By Roberto Hernandez
             January 1987-October 2014
             To be published as a book in the future 

No comments:

Post a Comment