Dear Mr. Martin Georgiev,
Please check the Palau Chess Federation website -- http://palau-chess.blogspot.com I have posted there 2 issues of my chess column in Tia Belau Newspaper entitled "UKRAINE AND BULGARIAN APPLICANTS" and "APPLICANTS FROM UKRAINE, BULGARIA".
90% of the content of a Bulgarian applicant is almost the same as this letter. Are the same person as that "Martin Barkashki" also?
The Palau Chess Team to Istanbul is on the process of registering its complete line-up from Head of Delegation, FIDE Delegate, Team Captain, Board 1-4 and reserve. So there is no more vacancy. If we want a foreigner to be one of the team members, he must at least been to Palau once with his passport stamped at Palau Immigration.
I'm sorry to disappoint you but even the 2 Ukraine GM applicants were not entertained because we can't afford it. The Palau Chess Team members to Istanbul have to buy their own airfare to be with the team. It doesn't matter if your rating is very low as long as you can buy your own airfare, you can go. Our number one player can't afford it so he was replaced by number 15. Even in Australia, they're doing it.
Enjoy the website and if you have been to Palau at least once, then there is a possibility that you can be in Palau Team in 2014 World Chess Olympiad in Tromso, Norway.
Best regards,
Roberto A. Hernandez
Musician, Palau Royal Resort
Private Tutor, Piano, Keyboard, Guitar, Chess
Chairman, Knights and Rooks Chess Club (Palau)
Secretary/Treasurer, Palau Chess Federation
P. O. Box 1662
Koror, Palau 96940
Permanent Delegate to FIDE, Palau Chess Federation
Chess and Music Columnist, Tia Belau Newspaper
President, Pentecostal Missionary Church of Christ
4th Watch (Palau Locale) 2008-2010




From: Mart Bark <chessplayer@abv.bg>
To: pccenglish@palaunet.com
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 6:14 AM
Subject: ! Asking.Thank you !

Hello!
First of all accept my warm greetings to the Palau, one day I hope to visit your island .. but that is another story, now the object of my letter is different.
I am one bulgarian chess player(from former chess club of GM V.Topalov in Ruse,Bulgaria),candidate-master, FIDE ID: 2909944 ( actual fide rating=2024,maximal bulgarian rating 2150,now-2102),player with few wins against titled players,i was work some time as chess coach. I know about deadline for registration of national teams for participation on 40th Chess Olympiad in Istanbul'2012( Turkey ).I hope that still have time. My wish is just to asking whether your Chess Federation of Palau is interested to get one new member in your team- in my face- who to play for your team there ? I am interested about such chess activity,i am motivated to play in your national team if you have need.
I have readiness to send you more personal info and some my games.
I read for your problems for participation in past Olympiads,i have some view thanks of info in the Net,i believe that i can help to your team to get more points and more front standing in Turkey- of course,if this is important for you...i believe in that! That will be your first participation on chess Olympiad,right?
I hope that this one time the team of Palau will keep away from your old problems and you this time will succeed to travel to Istanbul and to play,to complete all games there(?).
How far are you with the formalities for travel and entry into Turkey , if not secret?
If i have positive answer of my asking - I not know what are conditions and formalities for realisation of that my participation for your team. By principle is possible one foreigner to play in your team in the Olympiad,please? If yes - what are the conditions for that?
I will wait with impatience to get your back reply.
I wish you success!
best regards , Martin Georgiev(CM) , BULGARIA (EU)