Thursday, December 24, 2015

(1135) MUSIC AND ME (Nov. 19, 2015) HALF OF $100.00


RICH CHINESE PRIVATE PARTY AT BREEZE BAR
       Very rare that Breeze Bar is closed to public for a gathering of only 12 persons. They hire me and the Palauan dancers to perform while they are dining.
                                                    (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)


                  HALF OF $100.00 

ON MARCH 18, 2015, I was informed by Palau Royal Resort Management that I will be playing keyboard at Breeze Bar instead of Waves Restaurant for a private party of rich businessmen and women together with Palauan dancers that are also performing on Friday night at Waves Restaurant.

There are only 12 guests at the private party but they are charged with $150.00 per person for food and drinks. According to F & B Manager Mervin Lee Cuyugan, that's better than opening Breeze Bar for public from 7-9pm.

I saw also in the contract reservation sheet that I will be paid $100.00 and so are the dancers with no specific price for them. I'm expecting that after the party, they will pay me right away but I waited till the next pay month (April 20th) before I realize that it was included in my monthly pay but cut in half-- ($50.00). 

 






The Chinese lady at left got an idea of giving single dollars to the dancers. She also gave me $1.00 -- the only tip I've got for that night.















I realized later that they are promoting this wine (whiskey). One of the high official gave me a shot of it and it tastes good!























 Source: Music and Me
                By Roberto Hernandez
                Tia Belau Newspaper
                March 15, 2012 -- April 2013
                http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
                April 2013--November 19, 2015 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment