Sunday, November 29, 2015

(1123) MUSIC AND ME (Oct. 29, 2015) SEE YOU IN CHINA SOMEDAY

IN THE MIDDLE OF MY 24-HOUR FASTING
   I met a Chinese family on Nov. 12, 2015 in the midst of my 24-hour fasting for the sacrifice month of November 2015. The boy likes to listen to my playing with his dad following him. It's the start of a friendship through music.
                                    (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)


          SEE YOU IN CHINA SOMEDAY
I STARTED my 24-hour fasting on Nov. 12 (Thursday) at 7:50am. After having breakfast, I didn't take coffee, tea or 2 glasses of water as I usually do after breakfast. I just take half glass of water in taking my everyday vitamin (One-a-Day) for men.




I didn’t attend the Morning Devotion of Pentecostal Missionary Church of Christ in the 4th Watch (Palau Locale) because of this fasting.


I started the day with reading the Bible verses that Pastor Jeric dela Cruz had preached during his visit in Palau during the 9th Anniversary and Thanksgiving of PMCC in Palau.

I remember during his preaching when I sang a song that I’ve written that he said, “Roberto’s songs are complete with message. Do I need to give you message?”

It is also that during his visit that me, and Mr. Yoshiharu Kurata performed in the Gospel Concert that evening.










The internet connection at Palau Royal Resort now is not 24 hours free. We were given a pass code worth 500mb to be consumed within a month. If you consumed it before the end of 30-day usage, you will not be given a new pass code.

That’s why my posts at http://palau-chess.blogspot.com is now limited. Most of the time, I will type first the posts and just copy and paste it to save time.

Every 30 minutes, I will drink half glass of water. No problem with skipping lunch and dinner.

 
I have some text messages from Mari of Carp Restaurant, neighboring restaurant of PRR, where she is setting the date of me giving guitar lessons to her kids at the Gate 2 of PRR (under the mango tree).


I said to her that I am available at 4pm today but she refused as it is too early and she has to ask the kids first. It was set up for next Tuesday at 5pm.

During my performance of playing piano at Waves Restaurant at 7pm, I intentionally wear a very tight pant so that it will feel like I’m tightening my belt for the fasting.

There’s a Chinese boy who is watching me playing the piano especially the way I’m stepping on two damper pedals, one for sustain and one for controlling the volume. The boy is being followed by his dad.

On the 3rd time that the boy is watching me again, I gave him my card (older one). The father appreciated it. More so when I let the boy sit by my side and we played “Chopstick” with me holding his 2 fingers and me playing the left hand for accompaniment. I showed him my Chinese songs songbook after I played "Yue Liang Dai Biao De Xin", in which he requested an encore.

30 minutes later, the father gave me $5.00 tip. While they are paying their bill at the counter, I asked for a photo session using my cell phone’s camera. I ask them also to have a shot using their own camera.

At 9pm, I’m about to go to Breeze Bar to play instrumental keyboard music for another 2 hours (9-11pm), when I met the Chinese family near the swimming pool. We have some conversation and they gave me a phone number in China where they want me to call them whenever I visit China someday.

When I mentioned to them that I’m writing on Tia Belau Newspaper, they said that the lady is also a writer in a Japanese newspaper. It means that she can speak/write fluent Japanese.

The number is +86 13408067907. The email address is 195071026@qq.com
And his name is Qian Rong Chao.

The next day, they had dinner again at Waves Restaurant and before going back to their room for packing their things for the evening flight, they mentioned again to call them whenever I visit China someday.

WHO KNOWS, MAYBE NEXT YEAR, IN 2017 OR ANY OTHER YEAR WHERE I MIGHT BE AVAILABLE – FOR CHESS OR MUSIC!

Sources: Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
               The Beginning of Chess in Palau
               By Roberto Hernandez
               To be published as a book in the future

               Music and Me
              By Roberto Hernandez
             Tia Belau Newspaper
             March 15, 2012 – April 2013
            http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
            April 2013 – October 29, 2015




 

No comments:

Post a Comment