Saturday, October 19, 2013

(628) MUSIC AND ME (Oct. 03, 2013) BAHAMA MAMA (Drink Of The Month)

Drink of the Month -- BAHAMA MAMA
     The old Japanese couple who are leaving through the door gave me $10.00 tip and asked what drink I like to have. I prefer this time to try Palau Royal Resort Drink of the Month (Bahama Mama) but without alcohol or virgin. Maybe the new bartender (Jackie) didn't understand "without alcohol" and served me with alcohol (light rum).
That's how I tasted it but lately Jackie told me there's no alcohol in there.
                                                            (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)


    BAHAMA MAMA - Drink Of The Month 

For 2 consecutive Saturday evening performance of piano playing (Oct. 05 and Oct. 12, 2013), I was given $10.00 tip and a drink of my choice.

The first one, I chose a glass of red wine. This time on Oct. 12, I tried the Drink Of The Month (D.O.M.), which is Bahama Mama without alcohol. 

The mixture of Bahama Mama is orange juice, grenadine syrup, pineapple juice, ginger ale and light rum if with alcohol. The price is $7.00 without alcohol and $10.00 with alcohol.

The Japanese couple arrived on Oct. 12, after I've been to the rest room. He greeted me, "How are you?" after I recognized him being at Palau Royal Resort many times. I've answered in Japanese, "Genki desu!"

After playing 3 international songs, a waitress (Ivy) approached me with a drink menu. She said the Japanese guest is offering me a drink.

I chose the Drink of the Month this time so that I don't have to drink it at Breeze Bar. Since then, I started to play all Japanese songs. Most of the time, I'm playing it with expression.

The Japanese lady maybe "felt" my expressive playing and gave me $10.00 tip. I resume playing all Japanese songs. I'm ready to take pictures of them if they will pass and talk to me for a while.

I didn't expect them to leave that early. While paying their bill, I set my cell phone's camera to take a shot of them even far away. When the camera is ready, they are about to leave so I took a shot of them as background to the Bahama Mama.  


Source: Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
            The Beginning Of Chess In Palau
            October 2013
            To Be Published As A Book In The Future       

No comments:

Post a Comment