Wednesday, September 11, 2013

(590) MUSIC AND ME (Sept. 05, 2013) ENJOYING THE MUSIC AND WINE





ENJOYED MUSIC AND WINE BUFFET
    This young Japanese couple enjoyed my music while having dinner at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort. The lady had a wine buffet -the hotel's promo of having as many glasses of red or white wine as you can for only $25.00. They proceed to Breeze Bar and enjoyed more with keyboard music till 11:00 pm.                    (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)


 ENJOYING THE MUSIC AND WINE
 LAST WEEK'S feature of Music And Me didn't end with the 2nd time that Mr. Der-chi Tien gave me $2.00 tip.

Before going back to Taiwan, he asked the staff of Waves Restaurant to give me 2 cans of soda (Shaste) as I'm off on Friday.

Before playing my first piano song on Saturday at 7:00 pm, the 2 cans of soda was given to me. 

A young Japanese couple is enjoying my Japanese songs rendition with the lady taking advantage of the hotel's promotion of wine buffet --drink all you can (white or red wine) for only $25.00

Before going to Breeze Bar to play for another 2-hour music using a keyboard this time, I gave them my card and said to them in Japanese --"Shigoto wa nanaji kara kyuji made desu -- koko, to kyuji kara juichiji made desu-Breeze Bar." Which means that "I work here from 7-9pm and at Breeze Bar - 9-11pm."

The young Japanese couple went to Breeze Bar also. Three Americans (a lady and 2 guys) sit also near the place where I play.

I played Japanese songs to the delight of the Japanese couple. When I sing "Hotel California", the 3 Americans are singing with me. They enjoyed also the instrumental last part of the song where I used the pitch bend and the distortion guitar instrument to have an effect like a real electric guitar with distortion effect.

When I sing the Japanese song "Oribia O Kikinagara", the Japanese couple know the song very well. They are more impressed because I sing it without looking at the song book.

Another Japanese couple come and sit at the table next to the young Japanese couple. They enjoy also my music with the guy singing with the songs I'm playing although it looks like lipsing.

Then, another Japanese couple sat to the other vacant table. I'm now surrounded by 6 Japanese and 3 Americans who all appreciate whatever music I play -- Let It Be, Imagine, Tsugunai, Sukiyaki, Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You, Kampai, Stand By Me, and when I sing "Careless Whisper", the first Japanese couple (the guy) is very much impress that I can sing it and play the saxophone ad lib of the song. He sings also while I'm singing it but as usual, no microphone.

The last Japanese couple that arrived, the guy is applauding but the lady is like a statue... no expression.

The first young Japanese couple were given a shot each of Red Label whiskey by Ogie Pineda, a regular guest at Breeze Bar especially on Sat. and Sunday.

The lady even danced to one of my songs. Everybody had a good time with my music and songs.

The last song that I played is "Chako No Kaigan Monogatari." I speak to them "Kyo No Uta wa to piano wa saigo made. Doumo arigato gozaimasu."

While I'm securing my things/instrument, the 2nd Japanese couple (the guy) gave me $1.00 tip (coins -- 4 quarters).

The 1st couple asked for pictorial using their camera. I asked the bartender (Pebee Pedrucho) to take picture also using my cellphone, which is the 1st picture in this article.

The 2nd couple asked also to have pictorial with me, which is the 2nd photo in this article.


Source: Chess And Music (Perfect Combination)
           The Beginning of Chess In Palau
           By Roberto Hernandez
           September 05, 2013
           To be published as a book in the future      
     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment