Wednesday, July 2, 2014

(754) MUSIC AND ME (May 08, 2014) DANCING AND SINGING AMERICAN GIRL


DANCING TO THE TUNE OF FILIPINO SONG "AKO'Y PINOY"
    An energetic and in the mood American girl is dancing to my rendition of a waltz Filipino song "Ako'y Pinoy" (I'm a Filipino) while her father is taking a video of her.
                                           (Photo by Roberto Hernandez -- Taken by Jovy Rodriguez)


 DANCING AND SINGING AMERICAN GIRL

ON JUNE 17, 2014, I'm playing piano at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort. 

As nobody is appreciating my music, I played whatever song I'd like to play. One song that is listed in my index of songs that I haven't played for more than a month is "Ako'y Pinoy" (I'm a Filipino) by Florante.

To my surprise, a 4-year-old American girl started to dance to the waltz beat of that song. Her dad, seeing the extra-ordinary scene, started to take photo and video of his daughter. She keeps on dancing so I repeated playing the same some 3 times.

Some Taiwanese and other nationalities guests take notice of the girl dancing.

After the song and her dance, there's a big round of applause for her.

I followed it up with "Puff The Magic Dragon" and she danced and sang with it. After the song, I clap my hands and said to her and her dad, "Very good dancer! And singer, also. But I don't understand what she is singing!"

The father laughed because he knows that his daughter is singing in her own language as she can't speak well yet. But when she opens her mouth to sing, it seems like it rhymes. 

   

  The last 2 upbeat songs I've played doesn't have an impact to her -- "Stand By Me" and " Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You."

She is still dancing so I ask the lady bartender Jovy Rodriguez to take some photos of the girl in the background.
               This is the last one...
  

Source: Chess And Music (Perfect Combination)
             The Beginning Of Chess In Palau
             By Roberto Hernandez
             June 2014
             To be published as a book in the future
 

No comments:

Post a Comment