Saturday, June 28, 2014

(751) MUSIC AND ME (May 01, 2014) GOOD APPETITE OF HERNANDEZ COUPLE

VALENTINE'S LUNCH DATE AT ROCK ISLAND CAFE
     Hernandez couple Roberto and Flor can't finish the big 18" pizza at Rock Island Cafe so they bring home the rest for dinner. Mother's Day lunch at Emaimelei Restaurant are regular occasion that they dine outside. If the lunch or dinner is complimentary, that's when their great appetite is put to test.



Enjoying the Brunch Gift Certificate for 2 at Palau Pacific Resort for finishing 4th in the 3rd Palau Invitational International Chess Championship held at Palau Royal Resort Conference Room in Dec. 14-20, 2011.
We place the food first on the table and have photos taken. Ella Asuncion, the General Manager's Secretary is with his dad at the farthest table. She bought the Brunch GC from Paquito 'Pax' Suringa, Jr. for $30.00 and used it on Christmas day, 2011. Pax used the $20.00 for paying his registration fee and keep the $10.00.                                       (Photo by Roberto Hernandez -- Taken by Palauan waitress)


              GOOD APPETITE OF 
            HERNANDEZ COUPLE

A FEW months before the closing of Teppan Dragon Japanese Restaurant in 2010, my wife Flor was given a voucher worth $30.00 to be spent at Teppan Dragon.

It is a some sort of Christmas bonus instead of cash. Some employees sell their vouchers because they have tasted the food already at Teppan Dragon. They prefer cash.

My wife and I prefer to use it as it was -- experiencing the fine dining with her co-employees serving her this time.

When I won a room certificate at Palasia Hotel during our Christmas party at Rip Tide Bar and Grill, some people wants to buy it but we prefer to use it.

When we use it at Teppan Dragon, there is a Japanese couple already sitting and dining at the teppan table. They have some small pizza and dish that was cooked in front of them.

We sit next to them. When the fried rice was served, we finished it in just a few minutes and the Japanese couple noticed our great appetite.

When it's time for soup, salad and shrimp dish, it's also finished in a short time. The generous serving of the cook was in recognition that Flor works harmoniously with him.

The Japanese couple are convinced that the food is really great so they ordered the same as we have eaten!

OUR GREAT APPETITE IS CONTAGIOUS!

We just talk while they are eating the same as we have ordered. It don't taste as good as it taste to us because they have already eaten a heavy dinner. It happens to everybody.

I talked to them and gave them my Palau Royal Resort business card with 2 pictures of me and some information written in Japanese.

I told them that I used to work there as pianist. They can't believe it!

So I sat at the piano and played "Oribia O Kikinagara" and they appreciated it. They know now that I can play Japanese songs even without looking at the music score sheets.


ON CHRISTMAS DAY 2011, I used the Gift Certificate that I won for placing 4th in the 2011 Palau Invitational International Chess Championship with my wife.

There's a strange thing that happened in that tournament:
Me, working at Palau Royal Resort, won a gift certificate of brunch for 2 at Palau Pacific Resort for finishing 4th.

Cyril Tomas Montel, Jr., Palau top player for 5 years, won a dinner gift certificate for 2 at Palau Royal Resort for finishing 2nd.  He works at Palau Pacific Resort.

Paquito 'Pax' Suringa, Jr., who works also at Palau Royal Resort, won a brunch for 2 at Palau Pacific Resort for finishing 5th. He sold his certificate to Ella Asuncion for $30.00 and paid his $20.00 registration fee from that.

After the church service of Pentecostal Missionary Church of Christ in the 4th Watch, I picked my wife up at 12:30.

Ella and his dad were there already at 11:30. I talked to them that I'm using my gift certificate with my wife.

We started getting food from buffet and choose all the expensive ones --shrimp, prime rib, appetizers and champagne with orange juice.

The small round table is not enough for food and we used the concrete divider to put the cakes and pastries.

Mr. Kowazuru, PPR Chief Engineer and regular customer at PRR, saw us having so many food at the table and said, "That's too much food".
    This photo of Mr. Kowazuru was published in the Music And Me column entitled "Perfect Attendance."
                                                    (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)    

   
He didn't know that we put that much food on the table for photos and we can finish those because we have GOOD APPETITE!

Flor were still able to get some chocolate ice cream. I'm diabetic so I avoided those. I just had a refill of champagne with orange juice.

MAYBE WE REALLY ATE A LOT BECAUSE IN GOING HOME, AT ABOUT A KILOMETER TRAVEL, WE'VE GOT A FLAT TIRE!

Two Palauan boys are asking if they can help but I politely said I can manage and change the tire with the spare one.

My long sleeve shirt got wet with too much perspiration and we proceed to PRR first so that I can change my shirt before dropping my wife.


 Lunch at Emaimelei Restaurant - Generous servings but cheap. Mostly Filipino food.                            (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)





Pizza (big) again at Rock Island Cafe.                         (Photo by Roberto Hernandez -Taken by a waitress)



Source:  Chess And Music (Perfect Combination)
                The Beginning of Chess In Palau
                By Roberto Hernandez
                December 25, 2011
                To be published as a book in the future
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment