Sunday, June 15, 2014

(737) MUSIC AND ME (April 03, 2014) ANOTHER DRINK OF THE MONTH FROM JAPANESE COUPLE

MINT AND HEALTHY DRINK OF THE MONTH
    This Japanese couple gave me a drink. I ordered Drink Of The Month which I forgot to ask the name of the drink. After finishing my song when the drink arrive, I go to their table and thank them. We have this photo and I gave them my card. I also told them that I will be playing another 2 hours of keyboard music from 9-11pm at Breeze Bar. They said they will go there.     (Photo by Roberto Hernandez --Taken by Tin Tin)


      ANOTHER DRINK OF THE MONTH
          FROM JAPANESE COUPLE

ON MAY 21, 2014, a Japanese couple asked a waitress to offer me a drink. I chose the Drink Of The Month without alcohol - I don't know the name but it tastes mostly with mint and green-colored.

After playing the a Japanese song, I went to their table and said, "Thank you." I asked the waitress Tin-Tin to take a photo of us.

I gave them my business card and told them that I will be playing for another 2 hours at Breeze Bar from 9-11pm.
They said they will go there.

While setting the keyboard at Breeze Bar, there are 2 groups of Filipinos. One group has a teenage girl that gave me a piece of napkin with 2 songs written on it as their first requested songs.

The first one is "Maalaala Mo Kaya" (Do You Remember), which is an old Filipino song that is also the title of a long-running drama series in ABS-CBN The Filipino Channel.

The 2nd requested song is "Handog" (Offering). In playing my first instrumental song, a Filipino guy from that table move the plant that is on a pot because it distracts their view of me playing.

I sung the "Handog" song while looking at the songbook. I can't play it accurately without looking at the chords. It's very simple chords but I want the 7th sustain of the song to be precise as well as the Major 7th, minor 7th and 9th.

The Japanese couple arrived after I have gone to the rest room. They sat on the table almost behind me.

When the Filipino old couple danced to my music, they danced also near their table. When they dance to a faster beat song, they dance also.

Later, a pretty Filipino from the other table requested "Sana Maulit Muli" (I Hope It Would Happen Again) by Gary Valenciano.

I put the key 2 steps higher because lady's key is different from men. I harmonize with her hitting the high notes in falsetto.

The Japanese couple also dance while the lady is singing. They have a good time appreciating Filipino music. Roberto said to them, "Filipinos are music lovers."

In the 2nd set of requested songs written on a napkin, the teenage girl handed it to me with $1.00 inside.

The singing and dancing continues till 11pm. The father in the group gave me another $1.00. I talk to one of the guys, he said their parents are on vacation in Palau for the first time. They really enjoyed the night.

They asked me if I play there every night. I said yes except on Fridays which is my day off.

Before going home, they asked the Japanese couple to have a photo taken with me near their table...

       




Source: Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
            The Beginning of Chess In Palau
            By Roberto Hernandez
            June 2014
            To be published as a book in the future
          

No comments:

Post a Comment