Wednesday, July 3, 2013

(510) MUSIC AND ME (June 20, 2013) See You Again In August 2013 Mr. Uehara and Family


DISNEY SONGS, CARPENTERS, BEATLES AND SHEENA EASTON
(L-R) Mrs. Satoku Uehara, Miss Uehara, Roberto Hernandez and Mr. Uehara during the family's 2nd visit to Palau-March 16-19, 2013. They always request to Roberto the songs from Disney movies, Carpenters, Beatles and Sheena Easton. They like also the theme from Titanic "My Heart Will Go On". (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)



        SEE YOU AGAIN IN AUGUST 2013
            MR UEHARA AND FAMILY

THE UEHARA family have visited Palau 4 times in 2012 and twice this year (January 03-06 and March 16-19).

I gave them a copy of Tia Belau with them featured in Music and Me column. Their daughter is expecting it because she said in January 6, "Feature us again in newspaper."

I have compiled all the 3 issues of Tia Belau and reprinted color photos especially made for them.

There is some inconveniences that happened in their last day (March 19, 2013):

After having dinner at Dragon Tei Japanese Restaurant where they met my wife Flor there, they proceed to Breeze Bar of Palau Royal Resort to say goodbye to me.

Their daughter showed me a picture from her cell phone showing a photo of them with my wife. They said they insist to have a photo with my wife because she considered her as member of their family.

Minutes later, the place was disturbed by a group of Taiwanese guys who brought a cooler with beers, which is not allowed or they have to pay $2.00 for each can of beer that they will consume.

They are very noisy and disturbed the other Japanese couples having a good time with my music.

One cocky Taiwanese guy who talks very loud and drunk already looked for the General Manager at 10:20 in the evening!

The restaurant supervisor told him that all managers are already sleeping at that time. He doesn't accept simple explanation. Security personnel are already around.

The older Japanese couple can't stand the commotion and paid their bill hurriedly.

Before 11 pm, it's already settled. I went to Mr. Uehara's table and gave them the 2 reprint pictures of us (5"x8" size) at Waves Restaurant and the 8 best photos of my grandson Zach.

I sang "My Heart Will Go On" with the key transposed 3 steps higher.

Before going home, Mr. Uehara gave me another $20.00 tip. I asked them when they will come back again to Palau. They said in August.

SEE YOU AGAIN IN AUGUST!!!

There will be no issue of Tia Belau but this unpublished issue is better!

Source:
Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
The Beginning of Chess In Palau
To be published as a book in the future


No comments:

Post a Comment