Sunday, July 28, 2013

(522) MUSIC AND ME (July 25, 2013) Japanese or Taiwanese?




WHICH NATIONALITY?
    I'm confuse with this boy's nationality. He can sing-along with Japanese song "Oribia O Kikinagara" but when I asked him "O namae wa?" or what is your name?, he doesn't understand me.
                          (Photo by Roberto Hernandez) 


On Sunday, July 21, 2013, I attended the Sunday School/Service of Pentecostal Missionary Church of Christ 4th Watch (Palau Locale) where I was the President in the year 2008-2010.

My tithe is $10.00 and my offering is another $10.00. My love offering during Sunday school is $5.00.

It's the 7th birthday of Sis. Mariekor Salvador and we had lunch at the church of pancit, fruit salad, fried chicken, ice cream, papaitan, pork dish and rice. 





I brought some pancit and fruit salad to my wife Flor before going back to Palau Royal Resort.

When I started to play piano at Waves Restaurant, there are Japanese already in a long table with 4 kids.

When I played Japanese songs, they started to pay attention to my music.
 
One chubby boy comes close to me, looking at my calling cards and at my feet, that are alternating in their pressing the 2 damper pedals (sustain and loudness control).

I gave him my card. He showed it to the other kids. They come to me pretending to listen but I know they want to have my card also.

I gave one to each of them. They showed to their moms. The chubby boy's mother gave me $10.00 tip and videoed my performance of a Japanese song. 

The boy is beside me while I'm playing it. In the middle of my playing, I ask him, "O namae wa?" (What is your name?)

He didn't understand what I said. When his mom finished recording/videoed my performance, I ask her the same question. She didn't understand also so I ask it in English and she responded. THEY ARE TAIWANESE OR KOREAN!


Source: Chess And Music (Perfect Combination)
            The Beginning of Chess In Palau
            To be made as a book in the future 

         

No comments:

Post a Comment