Sunday, March 24, 2013

(412) MUSIC AND ME (March 21, 2013) Tequila Sunrise

SURROUNDED BY JAPANESE TEEN-AGE BEAUTIES
On March 11, 2013, the 30th Civil Wedding Anniversary of Roberto Hernandez and Ma. Florida M. Hernandez, 5 teen-age Japanese girls have a pictorial with Roberto for a possible feature in Music And Me. It was not published in Tia Belau because the layout artist has gone to Yap for exit. He will be coming back this Sunday. It will be published later but today, here at http://palau-chess.blogspot.com it will be!
(Photo by Roberto Hernandez)


T E Q U I L A S U N R I S E
(The Song and The Cocktail)

WHEN I am operating the karaoke at Image Restaurant 15 years ago, I've experienced different kinds of request such as "Can I order a song?" Instead of "Can I request a song?", they/he/she will order it like ordering a drink.

It happened before that a Palauan guy asked me --"Do you have "Tequila Sunrise?"

My response is "WE DON'T HAVE TEQUILA SUNRISE (THE SONG BY EAGLES) BUT WE HAVE TEQUILA SUNRISE --THE MIXED DRINK!"

Many songs also have the same title: If a younger person requested me the song "Always", I will play the song "Always" by Atlantic Starr.

If it is requested by older person, I will play the "Always" by Irvin Berlin in 1925!

There's "I Need You" by America, "I Need You" by Euclid Beach Band and "I Need You" by The Beatles.

There's "Cherish" by the Kool and the Gang and "Cherish" by The Association.

"Hero" by Mariah Carey and "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias.

"Holiday" by Bee Gees and "Holiday" by Scorpions.

"I'll Always Love You" by Whitney Houston and "I'll Always Love You" by Michael Johnson.

"Joy To The World" (Christmas Song) and "Joy To The World" by Three Dog Night.

"Midnight Blue" by Electric Light Orchestra and "Midnight Blue" by Melissa Manchester.

"Suddenly" by Billy Ocean and "Suddenly" a duet by Cliff Richard and Olivia Newton-John.

"Woman In Love" by Barbra Streisand and "Woman In Love" by ?

"Words" by The Bee Gess and "Words" by F. R. David.

"Because" by Beatles and "Because" by Dave Clark 5.

"Michelle" by Beatles and "Michelle" Palauan Song (Michelle sowak el ngalk...)

No comments:

Post a Comment