Friday, August 19, 2016

(1245) MUSIC AND ME (June 02, 2016) RUSSIAN COUPLE AND THEIR BABY DAUGHTER

I THOUGHT HE IS ARGENTINE
     Vladimir, right, and his wife and baby daughter has been guests at Palau Royal Resort for more than 10 days in May 2016. Everyday, they dine at Waves Restaurant of PRR but in May 09, 2016, something strange happened.                                      (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)


          RUSSIAN COUPLE AND THEIR
                    BABY DAUGHTER 

A Russian couple and their baby daughter has been guests at Palau Royal Resort and everyday, they've been dining at Waves Restaurant of PRR.

Their daughter is so cute that many employees, esp. lady employees are carrying the girl and play with her while the couple are surfing the internet.

On May 09, 2016, the guy approached me at the piano and let me hear his cellphone with him playing a classical song. At first, he just wants me to listen to it but the tune is so refreshing that I play with it using its original key of Bbm (B flat minor).

There's a group of 8 Argentinian at the elevated center column at the right side of the piano.  

I was able to play the melody of the music in its entirety by listening to it once!

When he goes back to the waiting area to resume his internet surfing, I repeat playing the song for 2 more times before I come to him and ask if it's possible to record that song via Blue Tooth to my cellphone.

He said he has Blue Tooth in his cellphone but the song can't be recorded because it has something that prevent that song to be recorded.

I asked, "May I know the title of that Argentinian song?"
He said,  "It's a Russian song and I'm Russian." I said, "I thought you're Argentinian."

He pointed to the table where the Argentinians are sitting and said, "They are Argentinians."

I gave him my card with my Russian name written on the side where Palau Chess Federation, World Chess Federation (FIDE) logos are located.

We  talk about chess also and he said his name is Vladimir and I said, "Oh yes, like Vladimir Kramnik." He knows Vladimir Kramnik!  







Sources: Music and Me by Roberto Hernandez
                Tia Belau Newspaper
                March 15, 2012 -- April 18, 2013
                http://palau-chess.blogspot.com
                April 25, 2013 -- June 02, 2016

                Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
                The Beginning of Chess in Palau
                By Roberto Hernandez
                To be published as a book in the future    


  

No comments:

Post a Comment