Thursday, May 22, 2014

(718) MUSIC AND ME (Feb. 27, 2014) DANCING OLD JAPANESE

A DIFFERENT KIND OF AMBIANCE
    These 7 old Japanese guests enjoyed my music by dancing all around the piano. Most of the times, when Japanese enjoy my music and sang some songs, they are giving me tips. This time it's different. They enjoyed dancing for more than 30 minutes, have photos for souvenirs but none of them remember to give me something. I don't feel sad about it. It's my pleasure to see them enjoy my music through singing and dancing.                                       (Photo by Roberto Hernandez -- taken by Jovelyn Rodriguez)


           DANCING OLD JAPANESE
  
ON March 16, 2014, I've experience a different kind of experience with some old Japanese guests. 

There's a group of old Japanese in one long table. They are drinking and talking.

When I started playing Japanese songs, 2 couples danced. Another couple joined them, and another one.

The other guests (Taiwanese, Americans) also enjoyed watching them having a good time. 

I'm not worried that the General Manager or Food and Beverage staff will stop them because it's the singing that's not allowed but this one is dancing.

I played a mixture of upbeat and slow tempo Japanese songs --Futari De Osakeo, Kimito Itsumademo, Tsugunai, Sakeo, Sukiyaki, Subaru, etc.

There's no disco or rock n roll in those songs so they can lasts for 30 minutes of some sort of ballroom dancing. 

While they are doing the "chain" dancing, that's the time that somebody suggested to have a picture (the one above).

In the 2nd photo, new Executive Chef Daisuke Kunii and Jovelyn Rodriguez (bartender) joined in the photo session.
   

   

Source: Chess And Music (Perfect Combination)
               The Beginning of Chess In Palau
               By Roberto Hernandez
               May 2014
               To be published as a book in the future
      




No comments:

Post a Comment