Friday, April 25, 2014

(703) MUSIC AND ME (Feb. 06, 2014) HAJIMETE (FIRST TIME) IN PALAU


JUN KAWABATA -- FIRST TIMER IN PALAU (HAJIMETE)
     Jun Kawabata, right, is first time guest at Palau Royal Resort. He enjoyed the night of music with Roberto Hernandez at Breeze Bar. He likes to hear Palauan songs.                         (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)




                                              (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)


 This newly-wed (honeymooners) Japanese couple are also first timers in Palau. They enjoyed Roberto's rendition of Japanese songs. Roberto jokingly told them before they leave --"Please come back to Palau again with your baby."
    The date then is Feb. 26, 2014 at Breeze Bar of Palau Royal Resort. They are about 7 meters away from me playing Japanese songs on a keyboard. The lady, Yuka, knows all the Japanese songs I'm playing and while I'm singing most of the songs I'm playing, I can see her lips synchronized with my singing.
   At 11:00pm, I talked to them and tell them a story about Sakurajima mountain/volcano in Kagoshima City when it spewed ashes and I forgot to close the window of my apartment's room in April-September 1982.
   The ashes inside my room is about 2 centimeters thick.
Before going home, I asked for their names because I have hard time remembering names of persons if I will not write it.
   The guy's name is Masang Matsushita.
 





In March 13, 2014 Thursday, Jun Kawabata, right, gave me $10.00 tip in the first time that we met. He requested Palauan songs. I played and sang for him "Dil Dil Lomais".

   Later when I talk to him, he come to Palau by himself. I joke him that you look for a wife in Palau.

He said he will come back on Saturday. He didn't but came back on Sunday again and gave me $5.00 this time.
    





                           HAJIMETE
                            FIRST TIME IN PALAU

I ALWAYS ask our guests, especially when they enjoy my music, if it's their first time in Palau.

When they say yes, I will ask them to please come back to Palau.

Almost all of them will answer "sure". And I believe them especially if the guests are Japanese. Palau is like a paradise. It's worth seeing it again, and again, and again.

  
On March 20, 2014, this Japanese couple enjoyed my music. The lady gave me $2.00 tip. She said she is a singer in Japan and her husband is bass player and drummer.

They are first timer also in Palau and will be back again to Palau with her parents and their baby! Yes, she is pregnant.                         (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)







Source: Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
             The Beginning of Chess In Palau
             By Roberto Hernandez
             February 2014
             To be published as a book in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment