Wednesday, November 9, 2016

(1290) ALLAN ALCID--AILEEN PALOMINO WEDDING ON NOV. 13, 2016



DURING THE early rounds of 2016 Palau National Chess Championship qualifying tourney, my teammate in 2016 Baku, Azerbaijan World Chess Olympiad Allan Alcid is asking me to be one of the godfathers on his wedding day to be held on Oct. 29 or Oct. 30 depending on the schedule of the minister from Guam who will wed them.

Without hesitation, I agree and he told me how lonely it is to be alone for a long 15 years since he lost his wife. His children are all grown-up now and doesn't care if he will marry again. He added that when he's sick, he's all by himself and he really needs companionship.

Two weeks ago, he notified me that the 5 pairs of godparents are already complete so I will just attend the reception at Korean Restaurant at Neco Plaza building with my wife.

On the final day of 2016 Qualifying tourney to select the No. 8, 9, and 10 players for the Top 10 Division of 2016 PNCC, he
told me that his brother will have a hard time to come to Palau from Malaysia so I will do the honor of being beside me (like a father) when the bride is walking on the isle.

Then he played his game with 3rd seed Tito Cabunagan while the final round of 2016 Qualifying tourney is on its final stage: Manuel 'Jun' Mahor, Jr. clinches the 8th spot, Gonzalo 'Jojo' Escapatoria, Jr. is 9th and Rustum Cabuso is 10th as all 3 of them scored 3.5 each.

After awarding the medals, I have to leave to have dinner at Palau Royal Resort and teach Angel Bernales Magno piano and guitar from 6-8pm before proceeding to attend the Evangelistic Night of Pentecostal Missionary Church of Christ (4th Watch) Palau Locale. The brethren who pledged for the construction of the 10-storey Shiloah Building were given certificate of appreciation -- Bro. Jefferson Taoingan, me, Sis. Berlin Dulatre and Bro. Rolly Adducul.  

No comments:

Post a Comment