Sunday, January 18, 2015

(856) MUSIC AND ME (Nov. 20, 2014) FIRST TIME TO MEET A GIRL FROM MARSHALL ISLANDS

MARSHALL ISLAND GIRL, CHINESE FATHER
   It's the first time I met a girl from Marshall Islands. While she is surfing the internet at Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort on Dec. 01, 2014, she sits at the chair beside the piano. I thought she is from Palau and started to play Palau songs. I was mistaken.                                                    (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)



     FIRST TIME TO MEET A GIRL FROM
               MARSHALL ISLANDS

She looks like a Palauan girl. She appreciates my playing of Palauan songs.

But she knows a lot of American songs and choose some songs from my songs list.

Minutes later, she was approached by a Chinese lady and talk to her in Chinese language. She can speak Chinese!

One of her requested song is "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias, the son of Julio Iglesias.

Some time ago, some guests appreciated my expressive playing of Julio Iglesias' song "Hey" that they call me Julio Hernandez or Roberto Iglesias.

I asked her, "Are you Palauan?" She said she is from Marshall Islands.

I asked again, "You can speak Chinese?"
She said, "Yes. Because my father is Chinese."

I asked a waitress to take a photo of us together near the piano. Later, the group of Chinese where her father is sitting started to leave. I gave her my card and asked her name. It's Sheryn and she is only 14 years old.



 This Taiwanese couple enjoyed my rendition of Taiwanese song. Before going home, the guy gave me $5.00 tip. 

Later, he asked for a photo session with me. I asked a waitress to take a photo of us so that he and his wife is included in the photo as souvenir.



A few months ago, I've got another $5.00 tip from a Taiwanese lady who sung a Taiwanese song near the piano.
I know that I will not have a chance to have a photo with her so I put the $5.00 on top of the piano and take a picture with her way far away at right.

She proceeds later at Breeze Bar with the group of other Taiwanese and sung the same song without microphone at Breeze Bar.


Source: Chess and Music (Perfect Combination)
            The Beginning of Chess in Palau
            By Roberto Hernandez
           October 2014-January 2015
           To be published as a book in the future

          

No comments:

Post a Comment