Wednesday, January 22, 2014

(679) CONCLUSION (I Was Tortured In The Pasadena Jailhouse) TBN-Oct. 18-24, 2010





CONCLUSION AND PART 4 OF "I WAS TORTURED IN THE PASADENA JAILHOUSE"
                                                                           By Bobby Fischer
                                                                      The World Chess Champion

                                                            Copyright (c) 1982 by Bobby Fischer
                                                                      All rights reserved
                                                         
                                                                          Published by
                                                                       BOBBY FISCHER


PART 1 --Post No. 570             Posted on July 30, 2013
PART 2 --Post No. 571             Posted on Aug. 01, 2013
PART 3 --Post No. 572             Posted on Aug. 01, 2013

                      ---CONCLUSION---

       "I WAS TORTURED IN THE PASADENA JAILHOUSE"
                                  By Bobby Fischer 

No Written Charges...
The charges made against me until now, two weeks later, are still all verbal. All they gave was two receipts for $500.00 bail on each one. No accusations on them, and as a matter of fact no clear command to appear anywhere.

(No) Money Back...
Finally I was taken back to the desk where I had checked in at and had left my personal belongings in my pockets. I noticed that my wallet was empty of money. I remembered that when I left home that Tuesday that I have nine dollars in cash and well over another dollar in change. I also distinctly remembered counting out the bills when I was checked into the jail and they took my belongings. I remembered clearly the arresting officer snickering as he counted out the bills, "Six, seven, eight, nine dollars," snicker.
   So now I said to the chief jailer, "Hey, where's my money? I had ten bucks." He shouted, "No, you didn't! You had no money when you came in here!" I said, "What are you talking about? I had ten dollars." Some kind of eye communication went on between the chief jailer and the man behind the desk. The chief jailer quickly changed his attitude and ask the man behind the desk if I came in there with the money. He nodded and said, "Yes," or something, and chief jailer quickly gave me a ten dollar bill and marked something on a piece of paper, or made as if he were marking something on a piece of paper.
   Incidentally, I had given them when I checked in either a five dollar bill and four ones plus well over a dollar in change or nine ones plus well over a dollar in change (I'm 99% sure it was the former). What happened to those bills and change is an interesting question in itself. I had previously been given three dimes by the chief jailer for my phone calls so I didn't bother arguing about the exact change that might still be due me, especially since it looked like I was actually about to get out of that hell hole.
   That afternoon I was told I could go, and an electronically operated gate was opened and I took the elevator down and left the jailhouse. A while later I noticed several pills of mine had been stolen by the police/jailers. I presume they destroyed the pills hoping to find that they were illegal. When they found nothing - well, bye-bye pills.
   
Sham...
Legality is a sham at the jailhouse. There are No Smoking signs everywhere, and no smoking is rigidly enforced - for the prisoners. But I noticed a light-skinned colored cop/ jailer smoking whenever he pleased.
   Numerous interesting and curious questions arise regarding why I was stopped by the policeman as "a bank robbery suspect." The first officer who stopped me said, "There's just been a bank robbery..." etc. Then a few minutes later in the police car on the way to the police station, an officer told me that they'd just picked up the bank robber. My question is how could the police have had a photocopy of an artist's rendition of what the bank robbery suspect looked like in the short time that presumably had occurred between the time of the bank robbery and the time the first officer (photocopy of the artist's rendition of the bank robber in hand) had approached me?

Unasked Questions...
Why wasn't I asked any questions about the bank robbery if that were the real reason I was stopped? I was never asked where I'd been in the last few minutes, never told what bank had been robbed, how much had been taken, etc. I was not out of breath from running, had no weapon, only a little cash on me. They never bothered to check my face against that of the artist's rendition of the bank robber until I was already arrested. To say the whole thing stinks and is a frame up and set up is to put it mildly.

True events... 
The foregoing text was written between about June 5 and June 8, 1981, then later typed, edited, slightly revised, corrected, etc. However, no attempt has been made to bring it up to date or to incorporate later information or events, etc. It is a brief outline, a hastily written sketch, of the horrendous and incredible but absolutely true events that occurred to me in my life between about 2:00pm Tuesday, May 26, 1981, and about 1:30pm Thursday, May 28, 1981. I do not pretend that this is literature. However, it is absolutely accurate in all of the main points, at least a thousand times more accurate and truthful than anything you will hear from the other side - i.e., the policemen and the jailers and all the rest of the law enforcement authorities. Perhaps in the future when I have more time to devote to it I will write a revised and expanded and even more accurate and painstakingly written account of these events.

Sincerely,

Robert D. James (professionally known as Robert J. Fischer
                           or Bobby Fischer,
                           The World Chess Champion)


Source: Chessmate by Roberto Hernandez
            Tia Belau Newspaper
            Pages 13-14
            Volume 19
            Issue 42
            October 18-24, 2010
    

No comments:

Post a Comment