Thursday, November 14, 2013

(647) MUSIC AND ME (Nov. 07, 2013) HAPPY, LUCKY HALLOWEEN


ALLAIN "THE DEATH" NATIVIDAD
     Palau Royal Resort buffet man Allain Natividad performs the character of "The Death" during the Halloween night at Waves Restaurant of PRR on Oct. 31, 2013. The costume becomes a hit with the guests that almost all of them have a picture taken with him likewise this one.                                          (Photo by Roberto Hernandez)


         HAPPY, LUCKY HALLOWEEN 

ON October 31, 2013, the Waves Restaurant of Palau Royal Resort held a Halloween Dinner with the staff wearing make-up of scary characters like Count Dracula, the witch, corpse-like make-ups and so on.

But the most scary and caught the attention of many guests is Allain Natividad's costume of "The Death" complete with the caret. 

I can't think of any appropriate songs for this occasion but Count Dracula (Edwin Acuyan- the Food & Beverage Manager) asked my just play slow songs.

We have some Japanese, Taiwanese and American guests so I just played some songs from these countries. Got no tip for 2 hours of playing...

When I proceed at Breeze Bar at 9pm, there were only 4 guests (all Japanese ladies) in 2 tables side by side near the spot where I play keyboard.

I set up the keyboard very close to them, about a meter far. Those Japanese ladies are in their mid-20's. I gave 2 song books to the ladies to my right. The other 2 are busy talking.

Mostly, the requests of the 2 ladies are Japanese songs but they also requested American songs like "Yesterday Once More" and "Top of The World" -- both are by The Carpenters, who are one the most popular groups in Japan.

When I sing the Japanese song "Oribia O Kikinagara", the 2nd lady from left took a video of me singing that song. She is wearing a very short skirt and her tanned legs are subject for lust.

When I sing "Let It Be", she again took some video of me (half way) and once in a while focus the camera to her friend.

The two girls from my right requested "Tsunami", which I said to them "muzukashi uta", which means "difficult song" so I borrowed the 'romaji' (written in English so that I can understand) version and have them the Kanji/Hirakana version.



The Romaji version of "Tsunami" can be seen on top of the keyboard. These 2 young Japanese ladies requested another song that I needed to see the music score to be able to play it correctly.
                                                                       (Photo by Roberto Hernandez-Oct. 31, 2013)

I'm teaching Mr. Yoshiharu Kurata, a senior JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency) volunteer music twice a week (Monday and Thursday -11:30am-12:30pm).

One of the Japanese songs in our repertoire is "Nada Sou Sou", which the 2 Japanese ladies have requested that Halloween night.

I asked for the music score again and I played it instrumental while they are singing it.

When I sing the last song "Yesterday", the 2nd lady from my left took another video of me while singing it.

She asked for their bill, pays it and before leaving, put $20.00 on top of the keyboard. I didn't expect it that big because she don't even request any song.

THE OTHER 2 LADIES ALSO GAVE ME TIP --- $1.00 from each of them. 

I gave each of them my card and thank them for having a memorable Halloween night at Palau Royal Resort's Breeze Bar.

After they left, I have some souvenir photos from the "Halloween board"...






   
Source: Chess And Music (Perfect Combination)
             The Beginning of Chess In Palau
             By Roberto Hernandez
             November 2013
             To be published as a book in the future


         


  

No comments:

Post a Comment